UKC

Dartmoor Mountain Marathon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
marmot hunter 21 Jul 2009
I have been asked by our fundraising officer to point out to the outdoor world that Tavistock DRG are IN NO WAY linked to the Endurance Life Dartmoor Mountain Marathon. This is for a number of reasons that it is not my place to expand upon but suffice to say we withdrew our support months ago yet their website still clearly states we are partners in this event. We have repeatedly asked for their website to be reworded to no avail, hence this posting.
XXXX 21 Jul 2009
In reply to andyhodges:

Looks like whatever you just said in your last phone call has caused the website to go offline!

Allow me to ask you to make it your place to expand upon them, please? For reasons of pure nosiness.

marmot hunter 21 Jul 2009
In reply to Eric the Red:
Nope still online and claiming our support.
I am speaking from a personal point but if you ask the landowners whether they have given permission and how DNP feel it would give you an idea.
 toad 21 Jul 2009
In reply to andyhodges: It might be worth putting a big banner on the front page of your website to that effect, given the event links straight to it.
marmot hunter 23 Jul 2009
In reply to toad:
Good idea, will pass it on.
 Dave B 23 Jul 2009
In reply to andyhodges:

Do you have a 'pet solicitor' who could write them a letter, if you want it removed. CAB?

In reply to Dave B:
Already done that, they seem quite thick skinned
 hamsforlegs 23 Jul 2009
In reply to andyhodges:

As a total random who read this out of curiosity, I'm fairly shocked if your post is true.

I'm no lawyer (though my better half is such a thing), but you should perhaps contact them and point out that they are damaging your ability to fundraise by lying about their association, that you have had to take steps to edit your website etc, and that you intend to seek to recoup any expenses required to combat their innacuracy through the courts, along with any apparent loss of income.

And then you should do exactly as you have threatened.

I don't say this to be hysterical, but because it is actually quite cheap and easy to make their lives difficult in this way. I would definitly find someone to give you some friendly legal advice first though.

Good posting though; it comes up on google when you look for the event...

Best,
Mark
In reply to amanonaspeedingbike:
AS we had a solicitor presnet at the meeting it ought to be fairly simple you'd have thought!
marmot hunter 25 Jul 2009
In reply to andyhodges:
Hmm, still they are (ab)using the team name and the MRC logo. Anyone know what constitutes identity theft?
 TMM 31 Jul 2009
In reply to andyhodges:

This will be fun then.

'Our friends from the Dartmoor Search and Rescue Team (Tavistock) will be present at the Overnight Camp, and during the evening will be giving an informal talk on the excellent work that they undertake. Participants are welcomed and encouraged to relax, enjoy the camp fire and soak up the friendly, well reputed Endurancelife overnight camp atmosphere. Is that the sound of a can opening.........'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...