UKC

climbing instructor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
qaboos 09 Aug 2009
can anyone help and recommend a instructor for north wales the llangollen area, To take four people with indoor experience but limited outdoor experience.
 Danny Mac 09 Aug 2009
In reply to qaboos: This will probably be your best bet, http://www.ami.org.uk/db/public/instructor_search.php
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 09 Aug 2009
In reply to qaboos: MLTA or AMI?

For my money I would invest in an AMI instructor, the MLTA deals with Mountain Leaders and Single Pitch Award holders. If you really want to learn to climb outside rather than just get taken top roping then I would opt for someone with a Mountain Instructor Award (MIA).

I am based in Snowdonia, if you can make it across this way, if not search the AMI database.

Think about what you want the instructor to teach you, do you want to become independent climbers, eventually learn to lead outside, become competent at following more experienced climbers or just have a day outside climbing under someone's supervision?
 sutty 09 Aug 2009
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Second what you say, just in case people think you have a vested interest so just saying that.

People need to learn the distinction between a leader and an instructor, and use the most appropriate one for the job.

Anyway, sunny here again, so off out as soon as DID has finished on the radio.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...