UKC

hanging metolius rock rings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
PDB 10 Aug 2009
I'm thinking about hanging my rock rings in my bedroom, the beams in my ceiling are pretty strong from what I can see, they are about 2"x6" and I was wondering what the best method of mounting would be.
any advice is much appreciated.
PDB 11 Aug 2009
In reply to PDB:
anyone? I'm not sure how best to hang them, this isn't a joke I am really after some help with this.
 George Ormerod 11 Aug 2009
In reply to PDB:

You can get some heavy duty screw-in hook things, as you might use to attach a childs swing to a beam, from B&Q. These are more than adequate for my 80 odd kg. Alternatively hang them from a pull-up bar in a door way.
PDB 11 Aug 2009
In reply to George Ormerod:
thanks, I'll definitely look in to it, I did try using them by hanging them from my pull up bar but it leaves them too close to the ground and a little difficult to use them.
thanks for your help.
In reply to PDB: I just hang them from a length of 4 x 2 across my loft hatch. Very easy system.
PDB 13 Aug 2009
In reply to Richard Bradley:
it's not so much I'm worried about the beams being able to take my weight, I'm more worried about finding brackets or something similar that would be strong enough.
In reply to PDB: I just loop the ropy/slingy thing on the 4 x 2. No brackets or fuss.
 geoff.comley 22 Aug 2009
In reply to PDB: Im not sure if you're supposed to do this, but ive screwed a wood screw through the hole in the 4 finger hold into a 3inch thick bit of wood. I did it tight enough so it wouldnt spin but not too tight to damage the rings. I have used these for 2 months now and they seem to be fine.

Geoff
PDB 22 Aug 2009
In reply to geoff.comley:
I thought about doing that too but I think the whole idea of them being on a cord is so you have to use your core muscles to stabilize yourself so you don't swing which will give a better work out, if they were supposed to be fixed then a fingerboard would be better.
plus you can take the rock rings out with you and hang them from a tree for a better warm up before climbing if you so wish to.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...