UKC

Song to knock their socks off!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
sj 20 Aug 2009
I have recently picked up my guitar again and want to learn a modern song or a classic tune that I can play in public with confidence. A jazz or folk classic such as summertime or a more modern day anthem (please no Oasis suggestions!)me thinks. What would you suggest if you had the choice of one song (preferably with no bar chords)?
 Blue Straggler 20 Aug 2009
In reply to sj:

Northern Star by Hole
 Blue Straggler 25 Aug 2009
In reply to sj:

Perfected it yet?
 The Pylon King 25 Aug 2009
In reply to Carpe Diem:

love will tear us apart
 Dom Whillans 25 Aug 2009
In reply to sj:
if there are young kids around then "rainbow connection" from the Muppet movie usually goes down a storm (you should check out willie nelson's version on youtube), otherwise "the drugs don't work" is a busking classic...
Daithi O Murchu 25 Aug 2009
In reply to sj:

Norwegian wood

check out fretkillr, he could teach u a thing or two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMwWOqXWaSk&feature=channel_page
the racing baboon 01 Sep 2009
In reply to sj:
> I have recently picked up my guitar again and want to learn a modern song or a classic tune that I can play in public with confidence. A jazz or folk classic such as summertime or a more modern day anthem (please no Oasis suggestions!)me thinks. What would you suggest if you had the choice of one song (preferably with no bar chords)?

how about she moves through the fair ,or marthas harbour ,if you can sing as well will be sure to knock anyones socks off
 chris fox 01 Sep 2009
In reply to sj:

Wild World - Cat Stevens
 thin bob 01 Sep 2009
In reply to sj: I don't know the tabs, but christy moore has loads of good songs. And billy bragg? I like stand by me, nice & easy.
 Tom Valentine 02 Sep 2009
In reply to thin bob:

ooooooooooooooooooooooohh Lisdoonvarna
 Jamie Hageman 02 Sep 2009
In reply to sj: Don't know why (made famous but not written by Nora Jones) makes a nice acoustic guitar song - nice chords. Girl from Ipanema also nice, just have to learn the portuguese for the intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=rwQN-Vl4Z3E&

found this on youtube - another nice song, well sung.

Jamie Hageman 02 Sep 2009
In reply to Jamie Hageman: Just remembered Fire and Rain, James Taylor - another great song bound to get people listening. Big Gay Heart, Lemonheads also makes a good acoustic song
 teflonpete 02 Sep 2009
In reply to sj:

Good riddance (time of your life) by Greenday?

Sorry, don't know what a bar chord is so I don't know if that's a suitable suggestion or not.
barnaby 02 Sep 2009
In reply to sj: Through Glass by Stone Sour. Dont be put off by the band......its a stunning acoustic track. Ive got the tab somewhere if u interested....
 tom84 02 Sep 2009
In reply to teflonpete: no bar chord good riddance, good suggestion
 Mark Harding 02 Sep 2009
In reply to sj:
Fairly straightfoward, modern(ish) classic... well relative to 150 year old flok songs anyway, no bar chords, sounds nice and even sounds harder than it actually is to play... Wish You Were Here Pink Floyd.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...