UKC

campsite in llanberis pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 greenroom 21 Aug 2009
Can anyone please tell me if the campsite in Llanberis pass just down from the hut is still operating please, the one with the little hut up the hill for a loo? And if so what's it's name?

If it's not still open is the one in Nant Peris any good?

Cheers
 owlart 21 Aug 2009
In reply to greenroom: I gather Blaen-y-Nant is now closed as a campsite, having been sold to someone for development
OP greenroom 21 Aug 2009
Cheers for that and what a bummer!
 SCGale 21 Aug 2009
In reply to greenroom:

Llyn Gwynant campsite is a bit further down - on the south side of snowdon about 10k from beddgelert, but allows open fires which are awesome. No pub nearby as fas as I know but I imagine they would have no issue with alcohol being consumed on site, has been about 3years since I've been, but seemed to be staffed mainly by studenty types.
 Andy Say 21 Aug 2009
In reply to greenroom:
The Nant Peris campsites are open. Vaynol just over the road.

There's a tiny camping site just up the Pass from Nant but its right next to the road and only has room for about six tents.

Just at the moment they're putting a hard-core road around the field at Blaen y Nant so maybe its going to be reopened?
 Dave B 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Andy Say:

I stayed at the one opposite the Vaynol last Sunday night. Basic, but no problems with it, but remember 50ps for the showers and toilet roll . Quiet that night.

The pub served a nice pint that evening...
 gethin_allen 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Andy Say:
The little campsite over the road from the snowdon house bunkbarn and B+B is fine. £5 ppn and the showers are free. The camping bit is not actually that close to the road and the road isn't noisy in the night.
 ChrisHolloway1 21 Aug 2009
In reply to greenroom: +1 on the Nant peris campsite opposite Vaynol, £4 pppn, showers are ok, and toilets are ok. Good position, 2 things; 1) Take toilet roll they never seem to have any 2) the women will wake you up 9am sharp every morning for camp fees!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...