UKC

Big rucksack - Aiguille Alpine or Pod

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Looking for a big rucksack and narrowed it down to an Aiguille Alpine Jorasses or a Pod Expedition.

Anyone had both and taken a preference?

Appreciate oranges, apples, etc. - and each to their own - but all feedback welcome.

Cheers,

Colin
5cifi - BAD SELLER 24 Aug 2009
In reply to Colin Henderson: I know you'll hate me for this:

But have you tried the BD Quantum 65, 55 or 45.

I've used it for since the Shadow was discontinued (about 5 years ago) and I fell in love with it. Fantasic load carrying, good features, no features which you'll never use, good size, loads more and it looks great.

Have no knowledge of the 2 your thinking

In reply to 5cifi:

Hiya, thanks. Not tried them but sounds like a good sack. I've got a Black Ice at the moment though and that's 65 litres. Looking for something bigger!

Cheers,

Colin
5cifi - BAD SELLER 24 Aug 2009
 alasdair19 26 Aug 2009
In reply to Colin Henderson: the berghaus big red exped bag is excellent
 chiz 26 Aug 2009
In reply to Colin Henderson: not used an aiguille but got an Expodition. Excellent very hard wearing rucksack. Simple, very tough, no frills. Won't suit everyone, but I really rate it, and can be stripped down by taking off hip belt and lid.

Mine is an old one so can't say what the new batches are like
 Matt_b 26 Aug 2009
In reply to Colin Henderson: I have just got an aiguille alpine sack. I went into the shop and got them to make one with and without certain features, which saves me taking scissors to a sake I buy off the shelf. Very happy with the sack and the service.
 summo 26 Aug 2009
In reply to Colin Henderson: I have heard people say the build quality of POD has declined in recent years.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...