UKC

the ashes at kilnsey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex Mason 01 Sep 2009
can anyone please tell me when this is dry, did most of it today but top was wet. So if you go down and see its dry please could you tell me

cheers and thanks a lot

Also if anyone has a sweet sequence for the last move to the boss, do divuldge?

thanks again
 Andy Farnell 02 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason: The Ashes dries out fairly quickly, most of the wetness at the top will be run-off rather than seepage.

For the move to the boss: RH good flat crimp, LH top of undercut flake, LF out high L on knobbly smear, then RH up to pinchy think at base of boss the go again with RH to Boss.

Don't suppose you wandered down and had a look at Grooved Arete by any chance?

Andy
 richardh 02 Sep 2009
In reply to andy farnell:

judging by the amount that came down after you left last night, can't imagine Kilnsey would have fared any better.
OP Alex Mason 02 Sep 2009
In reply to andy farnell: yeah didnt look properly but everythig down there looked wet mate, but it should dry soon asim sue some bits dried while we were there. Thiking of goin on friday so ill let you know or you can let me know f your there thurs.
OP Alex Mason 02 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason: basically if there are holds on GA that get wet often it will be wet.
R.E damn, i was hoping there was a trick, oh well! amazing route though.
 Nez 02 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason: it's the moves from the boss that are dropable on the redpoint. to clip or not to clip that is the question. i may well go up there myself friday aft. let us know if your defo going
 Andy Farnell 02 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason: Back in work tomorrow, so no more mid-week trips for a while. Good luck with The Ashes.

Andy F
steve webster 02 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason:
i take the offer of a place at uni wasn't studying english grammer.lol
 Wft 02 Sep 2009
In reply to steve webster: *Grammar
 Andy Crome 03 Sep 2009
In reply to steve webster:
English? ;0)
OP Alex Mason 03 Sep 2009
In reply to steve webster: i essume, you, dont ave! a degrea/ in grammer eiver?
In reply to Nez: well its deffo the intention to head up there or if its dry blue scar either way.
In reply to Alex Mason: If i find out ifs deffo dry ill deffo be there
 richardh 03 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason:

based on how Blue was last sunday and the amount that's come down since, Blue will be absolutely gopping
In reply to richardh: ah so not worth a look by the sound of things. cheers for the heads up. anyone been at kilnsey today?
 Andy Crome 03 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason:
See the ukB conditions report.
 Keeg 03 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason:
It's all wet.
Unless you want to do the 7a+ at the left end of the crag or Metal Guru/Metal Mickey then stay at home. Can't see it drying out anytime soon either. It was all wet (apart from the above mentioned) this morning and it rained all day.

Oh and the stream is really high so take a dinghy if you go...
OP Alex Mason 04 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason: went to kilnsey today, saw ground effect and truth drug were dry, assume comedy and panto are too. Ended up at trollers gill was awesome 'bone-dry super-high quality-rock'.
OP Alex Mason 05 Sep 2009
In reply to kidcakes: the one thats about 3 months out of date? or is there another?
OP Alex Mason 07 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason: Has anyone been this week? is it dry again yet?
 Adam Lincoln 08 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason:

Everything wet today, nothing dry.
 Stig 08 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason: If you're interested, Pen T was in phenomenal condition last weekend.
Serpico 08 Sep 2009
In reply to Adam Lincoln:
> (In reply to Alex Mason)
>
> Everything wet today, nothing dry.

What about GA?

Adam Lincoln 08 Sep 2009
In reply to Serpico:
> (In reply to Adam Lincoln)
> [...]
>
> What about GA?
>
>

Gone.

OP Alex Mason 08 Sep 2009
In reply to Stig: im moving to bangor next week so probably would be a daft trip to make right now, but ill deffo be there all the time from next sunday
OP Alex Mason 17 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason: I bust a foothold off this on tuesday, its the one for your right foot on the throw for the boss, not crucial but a little harder now.
If anyone is interested in replacing it, i have kept the victim of my heavy foot. Email my and ill post you it or something
 Ram MkiV 17 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason:

> Email my and ill post you it or something

would it be a ridiculas suggestion to just leave it under the route? or are you def not going back before you leave?
 UKB Shark 17 Sep 2009
In reply to Steve Ramsden: to just leave it under the route?

..in a little wooden urn so it isn't lost

OP Alex Mason 18 Sep 2009
In reply to Steve Ramsden: Yes it would, its now essentially a stone, theres loadsa stones down there. An im not going back now, i could give you it as im sure youll be back, maybe you could put it in the starting hold or something.
OP Alex Mason 18 Sep 2009
In reply to Simon Lee: like one would with the ashes?
 Ram MkiV 18 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason:
> (In reply to Steve Ramsden) Yes it would, its now essentially a stone, theres loadsa stones down there.
fair enough, it was a ridiculas way to spell ridiculous anyway. I'll be back soon enough so yeah, can entrust it to me, urn optional.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...