UKC

Midges, Mozis and Weather: Kaly in October...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 03 Sep 2009
Hello all,

Hopefully my last question on kalymnos....

I'm generally a feasting ground for all sorts of flying creatures. I do love the deet but it melted my passport and my wash bag. I'm fairly sure it would make light work of my rope, so try to avoid it whilst climbing.

So, whats kaly like in late Oct - Are there alot of flying creatures of death circulating the crags waiting for my nutrient rich blood to turn up?

I really am a magnet for these, and ended up in the doctors in bulgaria as I got bit so many times my forehead swelled up. Bulgaria ain't that far from greece. I'm scared.

Also, whats the weather like in the evenings in October - Shorts or trousers? Hopefully cool enough for a full midge proof jumpsuit!

Cheers,

Si
In reply to snoop6060: I've only noticed mosquitoes on Kalymnos at night or late evenings in the restaurants, etc. I would definitely cover up with trousers & socks if you are eating out in the evenings, and you can buy an effective plug-in repellent from the local shops, to keep your apartment free during the night.

You should be fine during the day, while climbing or on the beach, etc.

Have a good trip!
 Alan Rubin 03 Sep 2009
In reply to snoop6060: I've been there twice in Oct. and remember no problems with winged unpleasantness. I'm sure that there were some around, but not enough to be at all bothersome. It can be chilly in the early mornings and evenings, so trousers are good for those times. Have fun.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...