UKC

motivational music on gogarth main cliff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ribtech 08 Sep 2009
Do you think playing a loud stereo from the belay on Gogarth main cliff while my mate is pushing it out on lead for motivation like in the 60s is ok
 Alex Mason 08 Sep 2009
In reply to ribtech: yeah man do it, id like to see more of it
 Bulls Crack 08 Sep 2009
In reply to ribtech:

Maybe 6/10
OP ribtech 08 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Mason: sweet
 Frank4short 08 Sep 2009
In reply to ribtech: So long as it's Flight of the Valkyries that'd be fine.
 Dom Whillans 08 Sep 2009
In reply to ribtech:
don't see why not, i've got plans to take a portable stereo up to belle vue bastion when i get the chance. just make sure you're not playing some utter crap.
 Alex Mason 08 Sep 2009
In reply to ribtech: yeah good point it cant be r'n'b or most things that are in the charts these days as its offensive to walkers, and make sure its not phone quality speakers or its offensive too.
In reply to Dom Whillans:
> (In reply to ribtech)
> don't see why not, i've got plans to take a portable stereo up to belle vue bastion when i get the chance. just make sure you're not playing some utter crap.

No, no, no, no. If you're really going to do it in style it has to be bakelite or vinyl with an old wind-up gramophone player.
 Scarab 09 Sep 2009
Thought about that too but once on the wall I cant hear the music anymore, my focus just kills the music.
 The Pylon King 09 Sep 2009
In reply to ribtech:
> Do you think playing a loud stereo from the belay on Gogarth main cliff while my mate is pushing it out on lead for motivation like in the 60s is ok

Yeah too right!

A nice bit of 'Throbbing Gristle' or maybe a little 'Stockhausen'
 NickD 09 Sep 2009
I like to climb to the same music I make love to.

This: youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ&
 mlt 09 Sep 2009
In reply to ribtech:

Yeah, do it. Screw the 'I love the sounds of nature' crap. Get out da Boom Box and get jiggy wid it like a Rock Star.
 flaneur 09 Sep 2009
In reply to ribtech:

How about Bubbly Situation Blues?
 doz generale 09 Sep 2009
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:
> (In reply to Dom Whillans)
> [...]
>
> No, no, no, no. If you're really going to do it in style it has to be bakelite or vinyl with an old wind-up gramophone player.

go one spet further and bring your own brass band
 Andy Hardy 09 Sep 2009
In reply to doz generale:

Maybe the massed bands of the household division playing "Abide with me" when running it out above dodgy gear would help no end?
 johnjohn 09 Sep 2009
In reply to 999thAndy:

or the Monty Python theme if I'm leading.

'the stripper' works quite well too - 'daaaaah dah dah dah, badum tish, daaaaah dah dah dah...'
 Andy Hardy 09 Sep 2009
In reply to johnjohn:

If you couldn't afford the whole band, you could get a bugler to sound the last post...
 Dom Whillans 09 Sep 2009
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:
> (In reply to Dom Whillans)
> [...]
>
> No, no, no, no. If you're really going to do it in style it has to be bakelite or vinyl with an old wind-up gramophone player.

ah, now, you see we thought about that and decided that since all the climbing gear would be up to date that we'd take up to date technology with us too. we will, however, be playing some dixieland or charlston and maybe some cole porter / jerome kern classics to balance things out a bit.
junglegusset 09 Sep 2009
In reply to johnjohn:
> (In reply to 999thAndy)
>
> or the Monty Python theme if I'm leading.
>
> 'the stripper' works quite well too - 'daaaaah dah dah dah, badum tish, daaaaah dah dah dah...'

Or the theme music from Laurel and Hardy if it's me.
In reply to Dom Whillans:

It would be awesome, though, to do Belle Vue Bastion as Ivan Waller did it, with his gear (breeches, plimsolls, hemp rope, no runners etc) and the wind-up gramophone player blasting (well, squeaking) out on Belle Vue Terrace.
brian cropper 10 Sep 2009
In reply to ribtech: more crap on uk climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...