UKC

Scarpa Quest or TNF hedgehog GTX

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gethin_allen 14 Sep 2009
I'm looking for some new approach shoes so as the title suggests scarpa quest of north face hedgehog GTX. Anyone got experience of both, an opinion/review of either, or is it just down to which one fits best.
Thanks,
Gethin.
Will1981 14 Sep 2009
In reply to gethin_allen: I find the Scarpa fit perfect. but, obviously the quests arn't waterproof whereas the hedgehogs are. Scarpa's are definately comfier aswell.
If your just walking and scrambling buy the scarpa's if your gona be doin a bit of trail running aswell, get the hedgehogs as they are originally made as a mountain running shoe

will
 Mark Sheridan 14 Sep 2009
In reply to gethin_allen:

Love my Quests. Nice and comfy, really grippy sole. Alright for really easy climbs.
 neil the weak 14 Sep 2009
In reply to gethin_allen:

Oddly enough I have a pair of both of these. They are quite different (fit aside, which is the most important thing anyway).

The Quests are leaky, not very cushioned at all, nice to climb in, grippy on rock and a bit skiddy on mud / grass

The Hedgehogs are waterproof, plush & comfy to walk / run in, grippy as you like on gravel and crap for climbing.

Both are quite light.

Quite odd that you are choosing between those two, they couldn't be much more different (well, as different as outdoor shoes get anyway).

Hope that's some use anyway - go try them on btw - if you buy shoes without doing that, you're mental.
OP gethin_allen 14 Sep 2009
In reply to neil the weak:
I know it's a bit of a random choice but i've been looking at the quests for a while because i like the stiffness of the sole but then i've just seen that ccc have the hedgehogs going for £49.99 and that sounds like too much of a bargain not to consider.
 neil the weak 14 Sep 2009
In reply to gethin_allen: Fair enough, I really like mine (the Hedgehogs) - but they're very much a great walking / running type shoe rather than a scrambling / climbing thing so it depends on what you want them for I guess. £50 is a good deal anyways.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...