UKC

pontas lace-ups, how much 'give'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 18 Sep 2009
Hi!

I would like to know how much give there is in the pontas lace-ups. I know they shouldn't stretch in theory but it'd be helpful to know how much they adapt with use. I have only been able to try them half a size below my usual shoe size and they fit perfectly all over the foot but are a bit tight at the toes. I have very comfy shoes already and am looking for a precise pair, but not crippling, a wee bit of stretch/give would probably do the trick...

Thanks in advance for any input.
 tom f 18 Sep 2009
In reply to Removed User: I'v got the Pontas velcro and in nearly a year had not stretch at all. I reckon the lace up should be the same.
 TonyB 20 Sep 2009
In reply to Removed User:

I have pontas lace ups. I bought them half a size too small and they now fit perfectly. I've been really happy with them and plan on buying them again when these wear out.

kilgore1080 21 Sep 2009
In reply to Removed User:
I've got pontas lace ups, bought half a size smaller than my normal shoe but now they've stretched out and if aything they're a little too big now. Also, be careful of the heel fit, it fits back a little (if you get my drift) but because my heel is pretty much straight down from the back of my ankle mine don't fit quite right there.

Also, its worth checking the toe box on the inside, on my right one there's a vertical ridge of material that digs into my big toe but a bit of tape sorts it out ok.

Other than that, great shoes.
craigloon 21 Sep 2009
In reply to kilgore1080: Not wishing to hijack the thread, but have been told these are quite good for narrow, low volume feet like mine. Is this true?
 IainWhitehouse 21 Sep 2009
In reply to craigloon:
> (In reply to kilgore1080) Not wishing to hijack the thread, but have been told these are quite good for narrow, low volume feet like mine. Is this true?

They're narrow but not low volume (Pontas aces that is, I can't comment on your feet). They'd be worth a go but if your foot is very low volume I'd expect them to be baggy over the top of your foot.
As ever, you need to try them on.
craigloon 21 Sep 2009
In reply to IainWhitehouse: Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...