UKC

EYS youth comp at ratho at weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ruairidh 22 Sep 2009

hi peeps
fantastic yoof comp at eica ratho last weekend
big well done to the brit team -- all climbed well and 2 in finals - good job by all

Did anyone get video of austian climber Mario lechmair

i was belaying him on the junior finals
the guy hoped out on one leg with his knee stapped up with loads of white gaffer tape

he couldnt use his left leg at all on the route

he wobbled up the first four clips ( i thought poor chap this aint going to go well )

then he proceded to the top of the 7c+/8a route not quite managing to clip the lower off
he went on to win the comp

i have never seen anything so trully inspirational to all comp climbers in my life

please if you have this on video put it on u tube

this has to be seen again i hope someone has it

R
 Iain McKenzie 22 Sep 2009
In reply to ruairidh: Rob should have the video of the route, I will be using some of it to put together a short film of comps bits...
ruairidh 22 Sep 2009
In reply to ruairidh:
if i can be sent a copy for coaching sessions
id be very gratfull

thanks very much for all your help dude

im sure you had as much fun as me

R
 rallymania 22 Sep 2009
In reply to ruairidh:

have emailed you some info
In reply to ruairidh: It was ace! will need to touch base with you at somepoint re the de brief from tim. all good though.
 Bill Davidson 22 Sep 2009
In reply to ruairidh:

You're not going to have them climbing one legged surely!!!
In reply to Bill Davidson: he should have had extra points for that! A Team Rock!
 Bill Davidson 22 Sep 2009
In reply to Iain McKenzie:

Lol, Sure does! I think it may have been a bit fairer for the Junior girls if they had tied up Miss Durifs arms & legs!!! That girl can CLIMB!!! An absolute pleasure to watch although I had to do it sneakily
 rallymania 23 Sep 2009
In reply to Bill Davidson:

I'm a bit slow realizing who people are, were you wearing a popeye t-shirt on Sunday?
 Ian W 23 Sep 2009
In reply to rallymania:

Theres loads of photos of the event on www.lwimages.co.uk, including one of two of the judges (orange t shirts). Bill is the short one with the "close cropped" hairdo. I'm the other one, looking particularly rough, although there is no reason for it! I must do my hair and make up better for these occasions!
 Ian W 23 Sep 2009
> (In reply to ruairidh)
>
> You're not going to have them climbing one legged surely!!!

If it gets them climbing like that, then it's an option...........

rallymania 23 Sep 2009
In reply to Ian W:
thanks
as they say 2+2=4
 Bill Davidson 23 Sep 2009
In reply to rallymania:

Aye Ian was right enuff, I was the handsome one
 Gecko18 23 Sep 2009
In reply to ruairidh: Apparently he will need an operation on his knee, but can compete in the next two EYS's. His foot was hurt too I hope someone has a video, very inspirational!
 Bill Davidson 23 Sep 2009
In reply to Natty B:

I did hear he was very popular amongst the young, & maybe not so young, female climbers there?
 Ian W 23 Sep 2009

I did not mention anything about handsome, only that I looked rough. Any suggestion that I think you are handsome will be contested vigorously by my legal advisors
 Gecko18 23 Sep 2009
In reply to Bill Davidson: Yes he is very popular with the young ladies. No comment... :P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...