UKC

women's hard shell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dilys the Dachshund 23 Sep 2009
Morning,
I'm looking for a new hard shell to replace my lovely but aged Mountain Hardwear one. I sometimes find it difficult to get outdoor gear to fit properly as it often seems to be designed for narrow-hipped, waist-free women with no chests. It's frustrating that some manufacturers don't recognise that you can be fit and outdoorsy without being stick thin - I have hips, a waist, shoulders and don't like a squashed bust thanks very much.

Just wondering if any women have any recommendations or thoughts please?

The ME Jannu seems to fit really well but I was wondering if anyone had found anything else? I can't afford Haglofs!

And what's TNF like these days?
cheers
In reply to Dilys the Dachshund: Oh and it needs to be helmet-compatible, nearer the warmer end (event seems cooler than goretex) and is for general winter use including Scotland and I'll be taking it to Nepal in November.
 Dr Rorlasaurus 23 Sep 2009
In reply to Dilys the Dachshund:

TNF is a fashion brand these days!!!

Anyone who comes in wanting TNF is adamant they don't want anything else and thus aren't real mountaineers at all.

I actually haven't seen any of the stuff however so couldn't really comment based upon actual design or quality but I'm reckoning it's overpriced stuff designed with the average townie in mind...
In reply to ligemidio:
> (In reply to Dilys the Dachshund)

Yeah, that's what I assumed but I was trying to be open minded about TNF

ME Jannu is winning as it fits really well and I can afford it. Unfortunately, my friend has just bought one and I'd prefer not to be matching!
 Dr Rorlasaurus 23 Sep 2009
In reply to Dilys the Dachshund:

Different colour option available?!
In reply to ligemidio: Black! And I really don't want black.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...