UKC

Anasazi Greens (Lace-ups) - dodgey rubber??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy S 25 Sep 2009
Has anyone else found this rubber to be a little, well, 'slippy'? I used to have a pair of the old pinks which were awesome. Having changed to these I've found my feet slipping unexpectedly.

It's either the rubber, or the fact that I bought them a half-size too big by mistake, which has been an absolute ball-ache. I'm actually quite glad I've lost them.

Does anyone know of any shoes currently out that have the same rubber as the old anasazi pinks?
 womblesi 26 Sep 2009
In reply to Andy S: The white 5.10 lace ups

http://www.bananafingers.co.uk/fiveten-anasazi-blanco-laceup-v2-p-262.html

Very similar to the pinks from what I have heard.
 halo 26 Sep 2009
In reply to Andy S: Hi Andy I think you will find that Five Ten always use Stealth C4 rubber on their shoes, no matter what model of shoe you purchase.
 womblesi 26 Sep 2009
In reply to halo: Not any more mate. They tend to use stealth onyx these days. I think the V2 blanco may be the only shoe they use C4 on now.
ypy 26 Sep 2009
In reply to Andy S:

Just to clarify the Verdes (Greens) have onyx on the bottom and the V2s (Whites) have stealth on the bottom. The white ones are slightly grippier but I haven't noticed a massive difference in the two if I am being honest
 mark s 26 Sep 2009
In reply to Andy S: it must bad technique ive just about come to the end of life of my first green 5 10's after years of pinks.cant fault them
In reply to mark s: Muiras FTW!!
 See Ess 26 Sep 2009
In reply to Andy S:
> It's either the rubber, or the fact that I bought them a half-size too big by mistake,I'm guessing you bought them a half size too big

Having had the old pinks before myself, I found I needed to drop a half size on the Verdes to get the same fit, so I'd guess that's your problem. My Verdes feel just as good as my old pinks, and they're also less baggy around the heel.
banned profile 74 28 Sep 2009
ive been using anastazi lace ups(pinks) for about 10 years and was slightly mortified when they were discontinued so i now have a pair of verde's.rubbish compared to the pinks imho.nowhere near as much precision in the toe and the new supposedly brilliant heel isnt,it needs to either be softer or harder.think im going to try and salvage as many pairs of pinks as possible for resoling just incase the whites arent up to much either.
 halo 30 Sep 2009
In reply to Andy S: I think the Evolv Pontas lace up are a real good shoe the heel is a good fit. The only downside is they have much thinner rubber on them, so will need resoling earlier.
In reply to halo:

I find the friction OK.
However the build quality is less desirable. I've had a couple of pairs where the rubber over the toe box has peeled off when doing toes hooks. Also, I'm on my 4th pair and each time they's developed holes in the canvas upper. And that black trim seems to fall apart really fast, seems pointless.

Shame I like the performance or I'd use something else.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...