UKC

NEWS: Gibson climbs major new line on Wimberry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Sep 2009
[Miles Gibson beneath his new route at Wimberry., 2 kb]Wimberry has given up one of its many remaining 'last great problems'. Last Saturday (26 Sept) Miles Gibson added a big new route Dangermouse, E9, which tackles the steep arete below the traverse of Sickbay Shuffle. Miles waited until late in the day for cool conditions; previous attempts had been thwarted by warm weather and rain over the last few months.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=49487
 tlm 28 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Blimy - I thought for a moment that it was Gary!!!!
 ste_d 28 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News:

you've got the numbering mixed up on your photo

5. is madman
6. is cheltenham gold cup

wristcutters follows neptune to the ledge and then goes up through the roof somewhere

didn't kevin finish sectioned up neptune?
Removed User 28 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News: Very nice!

Has he been over to the Ravenstones recently?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=374045&v=1#x5422069

If not he might want to...
 ste_d 28 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News:

oh yes, forgot, good effort miles, a very futuristic looking line indeed...

doffs cap accordingly
In reply to ste_d:

That's a cached version. The new version should be up now although sometimes it takes a while to flush the old cached version out of the system. Try force-refreshing the article.

Alan
 Ben C 28 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News: "Over the years this wonderful crag has given up its treasures sporadically with Kevin Thaw's Sectioned, E8 being the last major new route in 2004."

When did Sam do Appointment with Death? That was after 2004 surely? Or is it not major?!-)
In reply to Ben C:

Appointment with Death was 2003

Alan
 Ben C 28 Sep 2009
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Blimey really god where did that go!! 6 years !
 Adam Long 28 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Wow! Looks seriously undergraded to me.
 JSA 28 Sep 2009
In reply to Adam L:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Wow! Looks seriously undergraded to me.

Wow, looks like a seriously awesome piece of climbing to me!

Well done Miles!
 Red Rover 28 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News: There must be an E10 somewhere to the left of the posessed. If Wimburry was near Stanage or Burbage then it would star in Hard Grit, everyone talks about parthian shot, equilibrium and burbage etc while in Chew there's some depseratly hard route and some fantastic crags that hardly eveyone seems to know about.
 Graeme Hammond 28 Sep 2009
In reply to Red Rover:

The guys were trying a line on the other side off the arete to appointment with fear, the other weekend maybe that will be E10? The new route looked stunning from where i was belaying when he was working it the other day, good effort, wans't sure if it was a new route as it wasn't in the guide, now i know
 Alex Thompson 28 Sep 2009
In reply to UKC News: Effort
Was up at Indian's Head back in May tootling around in the chimneys when I saw someone practicing the line - don't think it was Miles Gibson though (as it was a shaved headed dude)??

Removed User 28 Sep 2009
In reply to Red Rover: That's a good thing our kid!
 tom84 29 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Thompson: Gaskins?
 Alex Thompson 29 Sep 2009
In reply to thomasfoote: Seem to recall it was a slightly younger chap - but this was four months ago...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...