UKC

Kevin Keegan - I hope he's back in football management soon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nigel Modern 02 Oct 2009
Hmmm...Newcastle board need to get their act together. Lucky to get away with £2million damages

It's worth reading Dennis Wise's comments - they were reported in the media and go directly against the case Newcastle put to arbitration.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-6426.html
 Tyler 02 Oct 2009
In reply to Nigel Modern:

Much as I like KK i don't really see what he has to offer any more. His success was based on his passion and ability to motivate player etc but anyone working for him now would just assume it was all false and at the fiirst sign of trouble he'll walk away.
OP Nigel Modern 02 Oct 2009
In reply to Tyler: Fair comment based on England performance but he didn't just walk away at Newcastle. He was presented with an intolerable situation ie he didn't have control over transfers.
 Chris the Tall 02 Oct 2009
Interesting stuff about why Newcastle were so keen to buy this player - they wanted to do a favour to a couple of agents. Makes you wonder just how big a part footballing ability actually plays in transfer negoiations these days.

Then again, do you accept that agents aren't going to go away, so thats how you deal with them, and best have one person to deal with them and another to get the best out of the squad you end up with
Ran Leuce 02 Oct 2009

I hope he does. More frantic 4-4s back in the Prem!

Keegan's sole managerial tactic: We'll score more goals than the other team.
 Swig 02 Oct 2009
> Hmmm...Newcastle board need to get their act together. Lucky to get away with £2million damages

Depends whether you attribute the relegation to their f*ckwittery.
 Rich Guest 02 Oct 2009
In reply to Ran Leuce:
> (In reply to Nigel Modern)
>
>
> Keegan's sole managerial tactic: We'll score more goals than the other team.

Not a bad one to be stuck with though!!

In reply to Chris the Tall: 'agents aren't going to go away'

Their role here seemed to be to 'do a favour' for some south american agents. Bring an unknown over and sell him back to some unwary team in south america with 'premiership experience'...at a hefty profit for agents and the club
 mark burley 02 Oct 2009
In reply to Nigel Modern: Interesting to see that on the 16th of Jan' Newcastle knew or expected that Dennis wise would be their Director of Football. He left Leeds on the 28th of Jan' in a "suprise move". It would be nice to sue Newcastle for a little bit more for their illegal approach of a manager under contract. Unless of course Leeds gave permission for Dennis to leave while they were pushing for promotion.
In reply to mark burley: Didn't spot that...I don't know why I'm ever surprised again about sporting goings on after reading The Damned United...
 Yanis Nayu 02 Oct 2009
In reply to Nigel Modern: Me too. In fact, I'd love it...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...