UKC

Harrogate Climbing Centre Recruiting Now!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
Opening in January 2010, Harrogate Climbing Centre will be an exciting major addition to Yorkshire’s climbing scene. The centre will boast over 65 climbing lines, as well as dedicated bouldering, abseiling, and children’s areas. We will provide extensive facilities for experienced climbers, as well as courses and instruction for all levels of ability and experience.

Developed by John Dunne of Manchester Climbing Centre, Harrogate aims to provide the same high standards and excellent facilities.

We are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic people to help make our centre a great place to climb. A passion for climbing and inspiring others is essential, alongside excellent communication and teamwork skills. We aim to be the UK’s premier climbing wall operator, and need a great team of people to help us do this.

Centre Manager

Your role will be to drive the development of our centre, ensuring excellent quality and a great experience for all our users. You will be a self-motivated and driven person committed to high standards of customer service and safety.

You will oversee a growing team of full- and part-time staff and ensure the smooth running of the centre. You will be driven to achieve targets and bring fresh ideas to develop our business.

You will need to be flexible in your working hours, and will be required to work evenings and weekends as necessary. Management experience is essential, ideally in the outdoor or leisure industry. A knowledge of climbing is desirable. You will be keen to develop an indepth knowledge of the centre’s daily operations and take an active part in customer service.

This role will provide you with a wide variety of challenges and give you the opportunity to have a real impact on the future of our businesses.

We offer:

• Salary dependant on experience.
• 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays. As we will be open on bank holidays, you may sometimes be required to work these and have a day off elsewhere in lieu.
• A great working environment in a motivated and dynamic team.
• Excellent Staff Development Programme.
• Unlimited free climbing.
• Trade deals on kit and clothing through our on-site retailer.

Full Time Duty Manager

Your role will be to support the Centre Manager and ensure that the centre is running smoothly day to day. You will have excellent customer service skills and experience of managing staff.

You will have good climbing experience and ideally hold either a CWA or SPA award. A First Aid certificate is also desirable, but not essential as training will be given.

As the centre will be open 7 days a week, you will be required to work evenings and weekends as part of your regular shifts. You will be adaptable and able to work under pressure in a busy environment. You will take an active interest in the running of the centre, and develop detailed knowledge of the daily operational requirements. Great service, quality climbing and a high standard of cleanliness will be vital to this centre, and you will be intrinsic in providing this.

We offer:

• Salary dependant on experience.
• 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays. As we will be open on bank holidays, you may sometimes be required to work these and have a day off elsewhere in lieu.

Part Time Instructors

We are looking for a number of flexible, part-time instructors to run a wide range of courses both indoors and outdoors. Enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal skills are key in this role, as well as a positive and flexible attitude.

This role will involve helping people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to develop their knowledge and climbing skills. As well as instructing, you will be expected to work on reception and assist with maintenance and cleaning as required.

You will be a regular climber and have a passion for sharing your experience with others. A CWA or SPA qualification, and First Aid Certificate are desirable but not essential as full site-specific training will be given.

We offer:

• Good rates of pay.
• Flexible working hours.

Please send your CV and covering letter to recruitment@harrogateclimbingcentre.com.

If you would prefer to apply by post, please send your CV with a covering letter to HR Department, Manchester Climbing Centre, St Benedict's Church, Bennett Street, Manchester, M12 5ND.

Closing date for all applications is October 30th 2009. We will be interviewing in Manchester for full time staff the following week (3rd- 7th November). Part Time interviews will take place in December.
 danny33 28 Oct 2009
In reply to Parthian Climbing: Dear sir/madam, I would like to apply for one of the part time positions at the Harrogate climbing centre, unfortunatley I have only heard about the place opening today (28th) so do not have time to post a cv and covering letter as i am a bit computer illiterate so excuse me if it goes a bit wrong.

I was a scaffolder based in Birmingham up until 2007 when unfortunatley one of the friends i grew up with took his own life, this caused me to have a bit of a rethink as u can probably imagine. I had saved a bit of money and decided to take a year out. During this time of thinking what to do with myself I discovered climbing. The first thing i did was a beginners mountaineering course with Jagged Globe (a Sheffield based company) in Scotland. This was January and i enjoyed it so much I went back in March to do the intermediate course which introduced me to climbing. Subsequently i went to Plas y Brenin in September this year and did the rapid develoment climbing course for a month.
I have not got much of a cv as i worked for the same company for the vast majority of my scaffolding career, they are Midland scaffolding, 211 Shirley Road, Acocks, B27 7NR. Tel 01217733383 ask for Pete. in the near future I plan to do my first aid and SPA which my instructor James McHaffi said i would have no problem with. I can also get a covering letter from Plas y Brenin if required.my details are:
Daniel Armstrong, Flat 2, 34a Leeds Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 8BQ. i am 34 years old but still a bit rusty on a computer but improving every day. thankyou.
Yours sincerely D Armstrong.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...