UKC

Awesome Walls Comes to Stoke-on Trent

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
Awesome Walls Climbing Centre Comes To Stoke-on-Trent

It is with great delight that we can now announce our plans to open a Third Climbing Centre in Stoke on Trent. Anyone that has used AWCC at Liverpool or Stockport will already know how passionate we are about providing a first rate service.

This indoor climbing centre will primarily be a Massive Bouldering Venue with everything that you would expect from a professional company.

We will have a 10,500’ floor space (similar size to The Works) to create a state of the art bouldering mecca. All parking will be in on-site in a secure yard.

Contracts have been agreed and now we just wait for the planning to be granted. Unfortunately the planning side of things cannot always go as wanted this is where you the climbers/potential customers can assist in ensuring that Stoke-on-Trent gets an Awesome climbing facility. If anyone would like to strengthen our case then comments would be welcomed to the council by going to Public Representations on this form -

http://www.planning.stoke.gov.uk/dataonlineplanning/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=U...

If planning permission is granted we will be aiming to be open early 2010.

In line with Awesome Walls Liverpool and Stockport we will NOT be charging a membership fee and everyone will be issued with a loyalty card offering various freebies.

Please do click on the link above and leave positive comments if you want this to happen.

Thank you for your time.

Dave Douglas
Managing Director
Awesome Walls Climbing Centres Ltd

Extensive new bouldering wall in Stockport
New woody and campus board for Liverpool
V12 Climbing Shop to open soon in Liverpool & Stockport
Climbing Wall projects of national importance happening soon!

Big Steve 19 Oct 2009
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Can we have one in Milton Keynes next please?
 jez edwards 19 Oct 2009
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: next BURTON ON TRENT just down my street would be nice!!! GO ON STOKE GOOD LUCK
 apedale 20 Oct 2009
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool:
Its about time Stoke had an indoor wall!! - THANK YOU! Awesome Walls
 Katie86 21 Oct 2009

This sounds awesome...I still need to break my addiction to awesome walls Lpool and try out Stockport...
 bashy 21 Oct 2009

Excellent news!
 Jim3960 24 Oct 2009
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: You have made my night/month/year. Cheers fellas. I will say the biggest thanks by spending my money, often.

Jim
 David Hooper 24 Oct 2009

RESPEC Big shout out to Dave D - you truely is the Donald Trump of the climbing wall world
 ChrisHolloway1 25 Oct 2009
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: This is the best news I have heard in so long! I really can't wait
Hemlock 27 Oct 2009
This has got to be the best news that I have heard all year.
Hope all goes well Dave.
 tlm 30 Oct 2009

I've just thought - will it include a climbing shop?! I'm sooooo excited!
 CharlieMack 31 Oct 2009
In reply to D Douglas:

> Climbing Wall projects of national importance happening soon!

Huh? Am i just being really silly/ ignorant.

Really excited for the new wall though!! Hope it all goes smoothly for you guys and they give your permission sharpish!!
I will be there on opening day for sure
 mcdougal 01 Nov 2009
Brilliant, brilliant news! Can I cash in my 'free cup of tea' voucher from Stockport?
In reply to All:

Many thanks for everyone's suggestions and help so far.

Yes it will have a shop.

Yes you can claim your free cup of tea at Stoke.

The consultation period closes on 4th November so if anyone's thinking about helping us by submitting a comment to the council then please do so now before it's to late.

http://tinyurl.com/yl5e2pk

Thank you (again)

Dave Douglas
Awesome Walls Climbing Centres
 mcdougal 02 Nov 2009
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Oops, it sounded like a serious enquiry, didn't it? Well, Hurray! for Awesome Walls and Hurray! for free cups of tea!
climberboykieran 17 Dec 2009
In reply to mcdougal: we seriously need some more climbing in stoke! there are loads of passionate climbers that i know and that would realy benifit from this!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...