UKC

Indoor climbing, getting started

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Catherine99 28 Oct 2009
Hi,

I'm trying to get into climbing and am going to start indoors. I know where my local centres are (well, if you can call them local!) but my job takes me around the country sometimes so i will get the opportunity to climb in a lot of other centres. Anyone have any recomendations for good indoor climbing centres? How many times a week do you climb?
 David Hooper 28 Oct 2009
In reply to Catherine99:

Upo here in NW England the Awesome Walls chain is really good.

Maybe twice a week to stay fit and 3x to improve.

In North wales the Beacon is also very good.
 heavy Belay 28 Oct 2009
In reply to Catherine99:

I used to live in Birmingham and Creation, is good with lots of lines and when its finally finished a massive bouldering area. Redpoint in the town centre is also really good but a lot smaller.

If you find yourself in south wales I can't recommend Boulders enough, its a brillantly run and friendly centre!!

enjoy
 SGD 28 Oct 2009
In reply to Catherine99: I'm birmingham based and here we have a wealth of choice. as a Previous poster has said Creation climbing centre is the biggest and they are doing expansion work as well at the moment. Redpoint is also an excellent wall, smaller but with lots of angles and interesting routes. There is also Bear Rock (warwick) which is not too far as well as Wolf mountain (wolverhampton) which is also expanding atm. I tend to have 2 indoor sessions a week but I haven't been taking it seriously recently but I have in the past done 4/5 sessions in a week. I haven't used many walls away from my local area but 'The Works' in sheffield was good as was the large climbing wall near Swansea (name escapes me atm)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...