UKC

Kenton Cool Lecture - Lescar, Sheffield

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 MattH 02 Nov 2009
premier post photo
5 years since Sheffield* and not a single boulder in sight

Kenton Cool, graduate of Leeds University, and part-time Sheffield resident has been climbing for 18 years. In this time he has established himself as one of the UK's leading alpine climbers with an impressive list of difficult ascents. In recent years, Kenton has been taking the skills honed by many seasons in the Alps and Scotland, to the Greater Ranges, with significant 1st ascents in Alaska, India, Pakistan and Nepal. These ascents reached a peak in 2003 with a major new route on Annapurna III (7,555m) for which Kenton, along with his two partners Ian Parnell and John Varco, were nominated for the prestigious Piolet D'Or Award. In October 2006, Kenton made the first British ski descent of an 8000m peak (Cho Ouy). Kenton is the only European to summit Everest 6 times and to summit twice in a season. Most recently, he is known for guiding Sir Ranulph Fiennes up the North Face of the Eiger and to the summit of Everest.

Kenton will give a lecture on Nov 10th at the Lescar Hotel off Hunters Bar at 20.30. Tickets will be £7 / £6 (normal concessions).

NOTE: All visitors to this lecture will be given a free one-week trial membership to the Virgin Active Gym on Broadfield Rd, Broadfield Park.

More details and ticket sales at http://www.heason.net

*Kenton's last talk at the Lescar (5 years ago) was entitled 'Everest The Easy way'

Supported by UKClimbing and Virgin Active
OP MattH 09 Nov 2009
In reply to MattH:

Tickets selling pretty well for this. I'd advise not turning up on the night and expecting to get in. If we sell out tomorrow I will post here and on my website.

M

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...