UKC

NEWS/VIDEO: Adam Ondra Doesn't Win At Brno World Cup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Nov 2009
[Adam Ondra 320 News, 3 kb]Adam Ondra has so far dominated the 2009 World Cup series with a string of impressive wins at several of the competitions. He was hotly tipped to excel last week at Brno in the Czech republic, in front of local fans.

However the super-climber from the Czech republic shocked his home crowd by... yes you guessed it ...not winning. Ondra's foot slipped...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=50249

fishy1 09 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News: Was that bouldering? I didn't notice him clipping anyhting, and didn't see a rope, maybe it's just the video quality.

So fluid is his style.
 EZ 09 Nov 2009
In reply to Pepe the King Prawn:

What about the belaying. It looked like he nearly touched down without total fall arrest? Shame the camera couldn't see.
 henryg 10 Nov 2009
In reply to EZ: I guess you don't get much practise catching falls when you belay Adam Ondra
 stp 10 Nov 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Cool. The way this comp is reported says it all: Adam Ondra Doesn't Win. It's more significant than who actually did win. The mark of a truly outstanding climber is when the headlines are that he didn't win.

I guess the pressure and expectation of the crowd must have got to him and he blew it. Apparently he flashed the final after the comp was over. But the psychological aspect is everything in climbing and especially competitions. He's meant to be pretty smart so hope he figures it out in time for the next one.

The other headline should have been Johanna Ernst Doesn't Win too. Another outstanding climber who's been dominating the World Cup recently until Brno.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...