UKC

B.D. Rucksac's - new line out in the states

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
5cifi - BAD SELLER 16 Nov 2009
As above, anyone know when the new line of BD packs will be for sale in the UK ?

Looking for a new winter backpacking rucksack and the Infinity 60 specs are pretty awesome + I get on with BD Packs size wise

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/mountain/packs/infinity-60

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/mountain/packs/
 Wee Davie 17 Nov 2009
In reply to 5cifi:

60 litres is overkill by at least 15 litres for Scottish stuff. You're now going to tell me you need 60 litres for an expedition, aren't you?
 Damo 17 Nov 2009
In reply to 5cifi:

That's a nice clean looking pack - but how do you strap a mat to the side of it?

D
5cifi - BAD SELLER 17 Nov 2009
In reply to Wee Davie: I dont think I'll fit all my camping gear, which is the lightest and smallest around into a 15l bag. Backpacking, as in wild camping.
In reply to Damo: I use Thermorest, so will be indside. I can get the crampons on there somewhere and a single axe.
 lithos 17 Nov 2009
In reply to 5cifi:
> (In reply to Wee Davie) I dont think I'll fit all my camping gear, which is the lightest and smallest around into a 15l bag. Backpacking, as in wild camping.

i think you'll find he's saying 45l (60-15).. You should check out some of the packs used on the OMM/LAMM/SLMM not winter but pretty darn small (< 20L) for sure
In reply to lithos: I see now, thanks, read it wronly.

At the moment when I backpack I just about get my stuff in a BD Sdaow 55.

This includes thermarest, normally a macpac minaret tent, sleeping bag, 4+ days worth of food, 1 set of spare cloths, 1 stove and 1 set of pans, 1 gas bottles, 1 spare gas bottle, plus the main little bits.

Now for winter I may wish to take a little extra than Sumemr so the extra 5 litres, from 55 to 60 should make a differences. I suppose people who go on OMM etc.. take much less than someone who's planning to be out in the wild for 7-10+ days.
 galpinos 17 Nov 2009
In reply to 5cifi:
> I suppose people who go on OMM etc.. take much less than someone who's planning to be out in the wild for 7-10+ days.

The ones with a 10-15L sacs don't expect a comfy night either!
 Siward 17 Nov 2009
In reply to 5cifi: I use a 55l pack if winter backpacking. Those who reckon on 40l don't envisage multiple nights out, I don't think, or they are masochists.

In fact my 55l pack will extend by another 10 or so litres if need be and I can't say I haven't used that extra space.

Of course sometimes you have to carry coal as well
In reply to Siward: My Shadow is full to bursting at 55. (45 main body & detachable 10l lid)

The main body can be expanded to about 70 litres, but it starts to become abit unstable then, so I have it about 50 mark.

Although it's an alpine pack, it copes with UK & Scottish backpacking superbly
In reply to 5cifi:

Anyway, anyone any idea when the new range will be here or I'll have to go with a 3rd Quantum ?
 L.A. 17 Nov 2009
In reply to 5cifi Wont be introduced in Europe until spring 2011.
In reply to L.A.: I'll have to get another Quantum in that case.

Why so long ?
 L.A. 17 Nov 2009
In reply to 5cifi: Ive really no idea why its such a long time delay between US and Eu
In reply to L.A.: Would I have to pay any taxes if I were to get a friend in the states to buy one and then send it over to me ?
In reply to all: Managed to get a friend who's coming over here at the start of December to bring me one. Many thanks everyone for your help.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...