UKC

New boulder area at Awesome Walls Stockport?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
grithugger 25 Nov 2009
Has anybody heard if the new bouder area is open at Stockport wall yet?
 Scarab9 25 Nov 2009
In reply to grithugger:

seach the forum, there was a post recently about it. Think they said end of Novemeber but I might be confsuing posts
In reply to Scarab9:

Hi

The holds are on the new woody/bouldering area and the cover should be fitted on Monday 30th Nov.

As soon as the cover is on it'll be open for business.

Cheers

Dave D.

'The holds are small the angle is steep, please warm up carefully or you may weep!!!'

In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Sounds like just looking at it would injure me!
grithugger 25 Nov 2009
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: That sounds great, thankyou for letting me know.

GM.
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Someone at the wall said last evening said the bouldering is not open until jan? please confirm this is not the case!

Looks good by the way, 'specially the toilet seat hold!
 Scarab9 27 Nov 2009
In reply to D Douglas:
> (In reply to Scarab9)
>
> Hi
>
>
>
> 'The holds are small the angle is steep, please warm up carefully or you may weep!!!'

ie. I won't be able to climb it anyway <tries hard not to weep>
In reply to Scarab9: Not all the holds are small, some look positively juggy!
In reply to All:

It will be open on Tuesday not Monday, sorry. That's November not January.

Thanks

Dave D.

'The wall is new the holds may spin, please warm up carefully before you begin!!!
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Some comment last evening about the lack of tiny screw on foot holds on the training bit. Any chance that could be rectified?
In reply to Richard Bradley: Was there last evening and the new section is very good, very hard but very good.
 Chewie 04 Dec 2009
In reply to Richard Bradley:

I was also there last night as my arms have been reminding me today. I think they should have a word with their builders as that wall's nowhere near vertical. Must have forgotten their plumb line.
 RankAmateur 07 Dec 2009
In reply to Chewie:
Agreed, the building was very shonky - barely a right angle to be found...

A vast amount of fun though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...