UKC

Possible tendon injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob84 25 Nov 2009
I managed to pop something in my hand last night at the wall, after trying a big move without warming up first (stupid I know!) I've had pulley injuries before that have just affected a single finger. This time though, something in my palm 'clicked' and it's affected my middle 3 fingers with pain in the palm/middle knuckles if I use anything other than full hand jugs or slopers. I got some frozen peas on it last night when I got home and am thinking that gentle exercise with a squeeze ball to keep it moving could be a good idea? Has anyone experienced this before and have any tips for quick recovery? Cheers, Rob
OP Rob84 25 Nov 2009
In reply to Rob84: bump
 BBLCaroline 25 Nov 2009
In reply to Rob84:
As long as you've still got a the same range of movement and your hand isn't
too swollen or painful-
take regular ibuprofen and be gentle with your hand-
If you're still concerned go see your GP.
x
Derbyshire Ben 25 Nov 2009
In reply to BBLCaroline:

Sorry Caroline that isn't good advice.

Rob - Rest and ice for a week with no climbing.

Some gentle climbing and see if it hurts before or after. If it does then do some more diagnosis - spend lots of time searching the archives on here and if you get no joy see a physio.
OP Rob84 26 Nov 2009
In reply to Ben & Caroline: Cheers guys - that confirms what I thought, I'll continue to rest/ice it and see how it goes. It doesn't seem to be too painful and it's not swollen so fingers (of the other hand) crossed it's just a strain and will sort itself out quickly!
 BBLCaroline 03 Dec 2009
In reply to Derbyshire Ben:
How is it bad advice - we've both said the same thing
You seem like a bit of hypocritical a t**t
 Jonny2vests 04 Dec 2009
In reply to Derbyshire Ben:
> (In reply to BBLCaroline)
>
> Sorry Caroline that isn't good advice.

Actually, I think she was spot on.

Zygoticgema 04 Dec 2009
In reply to Rob84: If it is a tendon injury it will take many weeks for it to fully heal. Heat and cold treatment and gentle massage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...