UKC

Australia / New Zealand & Rack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dunk 02 Dec 2009
Has anybody taken teir rack to New Zealand or Australia? Have you had problems with customs due to the cleanliness of it, I know they cabe funny about this sometimes. Any advice / news appreciated!!!
ice.solo 02 Dec 2009
In reply to dunk:

australia can be.

they do have stuff they spray things like the soles of boots etc with, but no idea what it does to quickdraws.

theyll probably not worry about your rack but if it is filthy or youve come from an ebola plagued region maybe give it a wash. if they do look like theyre about to spray it tell them your concerns.

all said, i once got thru a pair of socks and my rock shoes that they should have destroyed but didnt even notice.
 Karl Bromelow 02 Dec 2009
In reply to dunk:

I live in Australia now and have traveled in and out of both Oz and New Zealand on many occasions with climbing gear. I have never had anyone worry about the condition of my rack though they have shown interest in the soles of my shoes. They're reasonably clued up about the (un)likelihood of dirt on hardware. Don't worry too much about it but obviously don't go throwing your draws in a swamp before traveling and keep your shoes clean. Kind of the way you'd want to look after your kit anyway.
 Karl Bromelow 02 Dec 2009
In reply to dunk: You're definitely more likely to have them pay a lot of attention to tent pegs if your camping.
 Tom Last 02 Dec 2009
In reply to dunk:

Agree with Karl. NZ immigration are going to be more concerned about your boots etc, although I think mine were actually a bit dirty, which I declared and the just sort of laughed and said don't worry about it.

How dirty actually is your rack, presumably not covered in mud or anything?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...