UKC

Arc' Teryx 50% off...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
petebw 03 Mar 2003
went to Snow and Rock in Portsmouth yesterday - they've knocked off 50% on the Beta AR jacket - down from £290 to £145 - they had it in blue and yellow (blue s, m - yellow s, m, l, xl)

pretty good deal if you're in the market for a new jacket...

pete.
petebw 06 Mar 2003
so, did anyone get one?
Tom Hughes 06 Mar 2003
In reply to petebw:
> so, did anyone get one?

I had a look at them in S+N in london.

its a very hard-core jacket made for ultra-lightweight mountaineering and basically a bit too bonkers for me (too short - especially at front, slightly small hood for my old huge helmet and no wire in peak (too heavy?), no storm flaps on zips).

very cheap tho'. i was certainly tempted.

cheers, tom.

ICE 06 Mar 2003
In reply to petebw: Nah, didn't the baddie in Vertical Limit wear Arc' Teryx?
AW 06 Mar 2003
In reply to petebw: yea i got one a nice blue,
just what i was looking for in a jacket,i hate wearing waterproofs anyway, so the short cut and simple design suited me,i also hated fannying about with those flaps over zips and big hanging liners that most jackets seem to have, yea to much clutter for me,
and its waterproof.
petebw 07 Mar 2003
In reply to AW: yeah - i got a blue one too. i liked the lack of flaps and all that as well.

btw Tom, the hood claims to be designed purely to take a helmet - and it fits my petzl ecrin rock... you're right about the wire though, i'll probably be fitting my own to it instead - like i've done on many jackets previously as this seems to be an area where manufacturers don't listen to users...

nice jacket imo. (but then maybe I'm biased!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...