UKC

Light weight head torch please?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 13 Dec 2009
I'm after a good light weight head torch for work that I don't mind if it gets mis-placed or lossed, so I'm not after a mega bucks option. It'll be mainly used for looking down dark alleys, gardens and other such grubby places that things may be lurking in.

My 8 year old tikka cracked at the top years ago and became unreliable as the light keeps flickering.

Cheers
 psykx 13 Dec 2009
In reply to The Lemming:

petzl myo xp £50 ish. make sure you get the gray and green one not the blue and yello one the gray one is newer and twice as bright.
 Andy Cairns 13 Dec 2009
In reply to The Lemming: You might want to check out the Energizer branded ones. Not quite as comfortable or well balanced on the head as the Petzl/BD ones but I got one in Decathlon for about £15 which has a couple of modes with 2 focused LEDs for distance work, and 2 less powerful ones for general close stuff. Seemed excellent value and hasn't broken!

Cheers
Andy
Anglesey Pete 13 Dec 2009
In reply to The Lemming: Petzl elite, available on a well known auction site for £21, including P&P and a spare pair of batteries?

Or the new Tikkina 2 for £16.85 Plus £2.45 P&P
Removed User 13 Dec 2009
In reply to The Lemming: Alpkit our kid. Bombproof and about 12 quid.
 _sllab_ 13 Dec 2009
In reply to The Lemming: Go outdoors £3.99 inc battery

i bought a couple for spares and they are really ok.
OP The Lemming 14 Dec 2009
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to The Lemming) Alpkit our kid. Bombproof and about 12 quid.

Battery life does not sound all that good though and I was thinking about Alpkit as well.

Removed User 14 Dec 2009
In reply to The Lemming: The battery life is fine. Ok some of the fancier switched mode driven torches may rinse a bit more out of a nearly empty battery but the difference is not that great.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...