UKC

New French RockFax Area Map?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 22 Dec 2009
When the Premier Post was running (now expired) someone asked if there was map to the crags covered.

There is a free downloadable map here: http://www.rockfax.com/areas/haute-provence/images/franceHP-map.pdf

Hope it is of use/interest.

Chris
 Morgan Woods 22 Dec 2009
In reply to Chris Craggs:

thanks Chris but do you have an alternative cover that can be stuck on for disguising it at the crag? Maybe something saying "Celui n'est pas un Rockfax".

;p
 ksjs 22 Dec 2009
In reply to Morgan Woods: very good Morgan while i can see both sides of the Rockfax argument i do find it strange that a world class venue like Ceuse didnt generate enough passion amongst locals to produce a suitably stylish topo. to an extent i think they deserve what they get given the circumstances...
 Enty 22 Dec 2009
In reply to Morgan Woods:
> (In reply to Chris Craggs)
>
> thanks Chris but do you have an alternative cover that can be stuck on for disguising it at the crag? Maybe something saying "Celui n'est pas un Rockfax".
>
> ;p

Hey I think my pics in there - I have to wear a disguise at the crag now!!

Enty
 Morgan Woods 23 Dec 2009
In reply to Enty:

Poor you! But seriously, I hope it appears on sale in local French climbing shops. Perhaps it could be shipped with a pair of tongs for the shopkeeper so he need never actually touch it while completing a purchase.
In reply to Morgan Woods:

I am sure it will make Decathlons - that was the case with Jingowobbly books. It may well struggle to get into the actually area shops.

Alan
 jon 23 Dec 2009
In reply to Alan James - UKC:

Try for Au Vieux Campeur as well...
 Doug 23 Dec 2009
In reply to jon: I looked for it in AVC in Paris at the weekend but couldn't see it, they do stock the JingoWobblie guides & I think I've seen Rockfax guides to Greece, Spain, etc in the past
In reply to Doug:
> (In reply to jon) I looked for it in AVC in Paris at the weekend but couldn't see it, they do stock the JingoWobblie guides & I think I've seen Rockfax guides to Greece, Spain, etc in the past

There will be a complicated distribution network to get the books somewhere like that. It may well take up to a month for the books to get through the various sub-distributors.

Alan
In reply to jon:
> Try for Au Vieux Campeur as well...

The way the system works is that they find our books rather than the other way round.

I don't do any distribution work, which is why we sell so many books.

Alan
 jon 23 Dec 2009
In reply to Alan James - UKC:
> (In reply to jon)
> [...]
>
> The way the system works is that they find our books rather than the other way round.

That's right, when I sell mine through AVC Sallanches, I have to go and ask them to order it via Paris...
>
> I don't do any distribution work, which is why we sell so many books.

Well now, there's a thing!!!
>
> Alan

OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 23 Dec 2009
In reply to jon:

I think he means we produce the books - our speciality and let Cordee handle the distribution - their speciality!

Chris
 jon 23 Dec 2009

No, I prefer Alan's reply!

Been out?
In reply to jon:

Just up to Ghost Kitchen for quick three (Nos 197,198 & 199 of the trip) plus a quick tour of Aris's new house.

A few damp patches around but nice to get out!

http://upload.pbase.com/chris_craggs/image/120517926

How's things over your way?

Chris
 jon 23 Dec 2009
> (In reply to jon)
>
> Just up to Ghost Kitchen for quick three (Nos 197,198 & 199 of the trip) plus a quick tour of Aris's new house.

What's 200 going to be?
>
> A few damp patches around...!

You mean at Aris's house?
>
> http://upload.pbase.com/chris_craggs/image/120517926
>
> How's things over your way?

HORRIBLE
>
>
> Chris

jon 23 Dec 2009
In reply to jon:

PS nice photo. Is that the belay in front of you or do you carry on - into the living room?
 Chris the Tall 23 Dec 2009
Just been looking through your pics (and cursing you!)

http://www.pbase.com/chris_craggs/image/119828417

I'm guessing this is midway between Vathi and Pothia - nice beach, but when we went the bar looked like it had been shut for a long time, which wasn't great as we were starving ! And then my moped wouldn't start !

Have the roads been fixed yet ?
In reply to Chris the Tall:

It is at the end of Sikati Bay, below the new road over to Paloionisos, about a 30 mins walk in. Not the beach directly below the cave though. According to Aris there are about half a dozen routes down there, though we only actually spotted one.

Chris

PS all roads now reopened though still plenty of debris around!
 Chris the Tall 23 Dec 2009
So about as far from the beach that I was thinking of as it is possible to get ! Really must go and explore that area next year

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...