UKC

NEWS: Bodies Found After Ben Nevis Avalanche

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 london_huddy 30 Dec 2009
Hope all concerned are safe and well.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8434825.stm

UKC Staff Edit:

A brief report with links is now on the UKC News Page: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51067

Rampikino 30 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu:

The BBC update is not so jolly I'm afraid. Always sad when this happens.
 Andy Harpur 30 Dec 2009
Profoundly sad news - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8434825.stm

From someone who is still recovering both mentally and physically from being avalanched in Februaury my heart goes out to all directly affected by this.

From my own perspective with high emotion it's difficult to be objective and my following comment is not intended to be unsympathetic but to make the general readership think twice...

The bottom line is avalanches don't "always happen to someone else". YOU will get caught if you take your eye off the ball and venture on to, or under, a heavily loaded slope in adverse conditions. If you're lucky enough to survive, getting caught WILL turn your life upside down.
 Jim Fraser 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Short Andy:
>
> ... still recovering both mentally and physically from being avalanched in Februaury ...

Would you consider sharing more about this?

Andy Harpur 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Jim Fraser:
> (In reply to Short Andy)
> [...]
>
> Would you consider sharing more about this?

It's all on my blog, for which there is a link on my UKC profile - http://newdaze.spaces.live.com/
 Only a hill 30 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu:
What terrible news.
 sutty 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Short Andy:

That is a hell of an experience in your blog, worth a read of anyones time to show what it feels like and the damage done.

It shows that snow can do a lot of damage, as much and more than falling off a motor bike.

dominicbarone 30 Dec 2009
Was learning to winter climb up the gullys last week, makes you realise how dangerous what we do is, its a sobering thought how easy it can happen.

let our thoughts go out to the families of these climbers.
grindelwald 30 Dec 2009
In reply to dominicbarone:
Terrible news.
Does anyone know if they were locals?
 Jones 30 Dec 2009
In reply to grindelwald:
It is not known where they are from or if they are male or female at this time.
In reply to grindelwald: the police havent formally announced who the to people are as of yet, think they have still to inform the families.
grindelwald 30 Dec 2009
Thanks. I have a friend up there and have not been able to get in touch.
In reply to Short Andy: Good grief! Glad you are making a recovery and thanks for getting the details into your blog, sounds truly horrific.
OP london_huddy 30 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu:
Dreadful news, thoughts go out to their friends and family as well as the MRT and SAR teams involved.
In reply to Jones: Yes, terrible news indeed.
 Jones 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Dave Morrison:
More details:
The bodies of two climbers have been found following three separate avalanches in the Highlands and Argyll.

Rescuers found the bodies in Number Three Gully on the north face of Ben Nevis following a large snow slide.

Police also said a man swept away on Liathach in Torridon has been found and airlifted to hospital for treatment.

Two climbers were found in a third search after an avalanche on Beinn an Dothaidh near Bridge of Orchy in Argyll and airlifted to safety.

The incidents came just hours after a warning from Sportscotland Avalanche Information Service (SAIS) about hazardous conditions on the hills.
In reply to Jones:
> (In reply to Dave Morrison)
> More details:
> The bodies of two climbers have been found following three separate avalanches in the Highlands and Argyll.
>
> Rescuers found the bodies in Number Three Gully on the north face of Ben Nevis following a large snow slide.
>
> Police also said a man swept away on Liathach in Torridon has been found and airlifted to hospital for treatment.
>
> Two climbers were found in a third search after an avalanche on Beinn an Dothaidh near Bridge of Orchy in Argyll and airlifted to safety.
>
> The incidents came just hours after a warning from Sportscotland Avalanche Information Service (SAIS) about hazardous conditions on the hills.

There doesn't seem to be a particularly strong warning on the SAIS website (for the Lochaber area anyway) - unless I am being blind.

In reply to hindu: MRT and SAR are pobally the greatest unsung heroes out there, they need to be recognised more often for the work that they do to help others.
 petestack 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:
> There doesn't seem to be a particularly strong warning on the SAIS website (for the Lochaber area anyway) - unless I am being blind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8433886.stm

In reply to petestack:

Thanks. Strange that's not pointed up on their website.
 Wee Davie 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Short Andy:

I just read your story on your blog. That must have been horrendous. It has certainly made me think about risks I've taken and will influence me in the future. Well done for writing it and hope your recovery is successful.
 Kimberley 30 Dec 2009

Always read the bog as well as the report

http://saislochaber.blogspot.com/2009/12/cold-and-settled.html
 Lucy Wallace 30 Dec 2009
The surface hoar is mentioned in the lochaber blog for the 28th.
http://saislochaber.blogspot.com/2009/12/cold-and-settled.html

Todays forecast was Moderate: Human triggered avalanches possible. We don't know the circumstances of this accident but huge cornices and windslab build up exist under Moderate (old version Cat 2) conds.

A fast build up of windslab in the strong winds we have been having in the west today on top of a load of hoar doesn't sound good to me but I'm not an expert.

Whatever... its awful news for us to hear, and heartbreaking to family and friends.

sutty 30 Dec 2009
 Andy Nisbet 30 Dec 2009

I saw the surface hoar on Stob Ghabhar (but that's not in Lochaber). I was also still on the hill at 5pm when the wind first got strong enough to transport snow. But that was well after the avalanche reporters had come down from the hill. So I think conditions were worse than they expected.
 Only a hill 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Andy Nisbet:
That would make sense. From what I can see from down here, conditions appear to have changed drastically since yesterday, with a lot of snow being moved around by the strong winds.
 Andy S 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Short Andy:
> Profoundly sad news - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8434825.stm
>
> From someone who is still recovering both mentally and physically from being avalanched in Februaury my heart goes out to all directly affected by this.
>
> From my own perspective with high emotion it's difficult to be objective and my following comment is not intended to be unsympathetic but to make the general readership think twice...
>
> The bottom line is avalanches don't "always happen to someone else". YOU will get caught if you take your eye off the ball and venture on to, or under, a heavily loaded slope in adverse conditions. If you're lucky enough to survive, getting caught WILL turn your life upside down.

Yes, me and a friend are going out to climb tomorrow, but we will be proceeding with extreme caution and will walk away if it doesn't feel right.
 Andy Nisbet 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Only a hill:

> That would make sense. From what I can see from down here, conditions appear to have changed drastically since yesterday, with a lot of snow being moved around by the strong winds.

That's bad for avalanches where the snow collects. But better for walking in the scoured places (like ridges). Conditions are still good under the powder, so when it blows away then there will be some very good climbing. Choosing a venue is not easy though.

yer maw 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Andy S:
> Yes, me and a friend are going out to climb tomorrow, but we will be proceeding with extreme caution and will walk away if it doesn't feel right.

Words of wisdom and that's some blog story mate. Bit of an amazing escape and sad news for those not as lucky as yourselves.

Condolences to the victims' friends and families.
 DH 30 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu: I was on the Ledge route yesterday & felt a little un-nerved by the accumulation of windslab in some areas of the route, Was going to descend No.4 gully, but decided against it! My thoughts & prayers are with the families of the climbers concerned. Terrible tragedy.
 Jones 30 Dec 2009
From BBC Scotland:

The two dead climbers, one of whom is understood to be from the Wiltshire area and the other from Wales, are thought to have been among a group of five who were all caught up in the avalanche.

Ch Insp John Chisholm of Northern Constabulary said: "They were all well-equipped, highly-experienced and European-accredited climbers.

"But it appears they were in the wrong place at the wrong time."
 Paul at work 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Jones:
>European-accredited climbers.

What does that mean?

My thoughts are with all of the people and their families involved in this!

dgp 30 Dec 2009
Could not agree more with Dominics comments on the MRT. I wouldn,t be here writing this without their extremely hazardous rescue of me in desperate conditions with time running out after a big avalanche described fully in Hamish McInnes book - Mountain Disasters. Yes it can happen to anyone - I had 30 years experience of snow and ice conditions !
Not a good day to die 30 Dec 2009
Was doing Skew Gill in Wasdale yesterday (grade one easy gully), in a party of 4. Exited onto the snow field above and triggered a small wind slab avalance. This took my friend 200 feet back down the gully!. One of the party climbed back down, the remaining two of us then triggered another larger slide ontop of our friends as we tried to get out of the danger zone! Luckily everyone is OK but I fear my mate will never venture onto the hills in winter again.

Posted my story last night, as news, as a warning of serious windslab avalanche risk, also emailed lake district national park weather line with the same warning. To my horror no one has taken up this warning and made it public! My deapest simpathy to all those affected.
 Sean Kelly 30 Dec 2009
In reply to petestack: This is why it is so important to dig a snow inspection pit if the conditions are anything like suspect. Those frozen hoar crystals would hopefully be visible, and a credit would 'feel' them out, and a 'shear' test would dislodge the suspect layer! Then again avoid gullies in such conditions of heavy snowfall.
 Sean Kelly 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Jones: "They were all well-equipped, highly-experienced and European-accredited climbers.
What does that mean? Or does it mean Alpine experience?
 jaysus 30 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu:

The climber avalanched on Liathach has died of his injuries. A black end to the year. RIP.
Not a good day to die 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Sean Kelly: The only problem with digging a pit is that the risk is generally at the top of the climb where the conditions and risk can be different to the risk at the base. I would have totally agreed with this way of assessing the risk until yesterday! No risk until we were in a no way out situation, in hind sight we were going to trigger a slide what ever! This method needs to be used along with some overall thinking regarding recent conditions. Freeze thaw, wind slab etc.
 Andy Harpur 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Sean Kelly:
> (In reply to Jones) "They were all well-equipped, highly-experienced and European-accredited climbers.
> What does that mean? Or does it mean Alpine experience?

It means they weren't numpties. ...but then a loaded slope doesn't take account of 1, 15 or 30 years experience. I black day and I think people should refrain from speculating what happened until all the facts are known.

tom84 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Short Andy:
> (In reply to Sean Kelly)
> [...]
>
> It means they weren't numpties. ...but then a loaded slope doesn't take account of 1, 15 or 30 years experience. I black day and I think people should refrain from speculating what happened until all the facts are known.

seconded.
 Bob.allan 30 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu: anyone heard anything about a man being avalanched on ben udlaidh today? apparantly he broke his leg and was helicoptered to hospital.. terrible day
Yrmenlaf 30 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu:

A black day indeed. Thoughts are with the bereaved.

Y.
 Andy Nisbet 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Not a good day to die:
> This method needs to be used along with some overall thinking regarding recent conditions. Freeze thaw, wind slab etc.

Lots and lots of soft snow being blown all at once. It usually means avalanches. We don't usually get still snowy weather for so long at a time of year when the sun doesn't have much effect in stabilising it, certainly not in recent years. More common is a heavy fall of snow near the centre of a low pressure, then when the low moves and the winds start. It has the same effect. A pit is not going to help if the avalanche comes from a different source.

Jones 30 Dec 2009
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8434825.stm

Confirmation that the climber who had been rescued from Liatach Ridge, Torridon, has also died after being airlifted to hospital.

A Sad end to 2009, and horrific for their families. My thoughts go out to them. Rest in Peace.
 eschaton 30 Dec 2009
one of my mates is up there right now, cant get in touch with him,really quite worried.
 jimjimjim 30 Dec 2009
In reply to eschaton: where?
Removed User 30 Dec 2009
In reply to eschaton:

I'd suggest ringing the local police station and asking if your friend was involved. That way they know you're not just fishing for information.
 eschaton 30 Dec 2009
he changed his plans at the last minute, didnt tell me, him and 3 others mostly from greater manchester.
 jimjimjim 31 Dec 2009
In reply to eschaton: are you concerned that he was in liathach incident?
Daithi O Murchu 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Short Andy:

very good article, thanks for sharing that, hope you mend up all ok
 eschaton 31 Dec 2009
just concerned generally as he hasnt left exact details of which route(s) they decided on.
 eschaton 31 Dec 2009
just spoken to fort william police, said no-one with the names i said had been connected to any of the incidents. but still cant get in touch with him. slightly more relieved but still a bit worried.

jimjimjim 31 Dec 2009
In reply to eschaton: If you don't know what area he was climbing in or where he is staying there is little you can do at the moment. try not to get too worried. there are plenty of reason why you can't get in touch. hope all is well...
 Skyfall 31 Dec 2009
In reply to eschaton:

if you have no reason to believe your friends are involved (other than thety are in Scotland climbing) then you are in danger of seeming a bit silly. natural concern though and I hope your friends are fine.
 eschaton 31 Dec 2009
In reply to JonC: how about if he was spending 3 days ice climbing on and around ben nevis?
Rumpelstiltskin 31 Dec 2009
In reply to JonC:
> (In reply to eschaton)
>
> if you have no reason to believe your friends are involved (other than thety are in Scotland climbing) then you are in danger of seeming a bit silly. natural concern though and I hope your friends are fine.

you trolling here , you arse
 jimjimjim 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Rumpelstiltskin: i don't think you could call that a troll mate.
 Clive H 31 Dec 2009
Please keep posts respectful. The people involved in the Ben Nevis accident were very talented and experienced climbers with extremly good judgement skills. If I wanted to travel safely in the mountains it is with them that I would choose to travel, for their company and good decision making. On the day something went wrong, I don't know what, but that doesn't mean the above isn't true.
medman 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Clive H: is there a risk level for potential slides and is it available for people to see before they go on the hill??
Slugain Howff 31 Dec 2009
In reply to medman:
> (In reply to Clive H) is there a risk level for potential slides and is it available for people to see before they go on the hill??

Yes

http://www.sais.gov.uk/

queenbee 31 Dec 2009
I'm saddened to hear this news and I am praying for all whose lives are touched by this tragedy. I am not a climber but I enjoy and appreciate all the wonderful photos on this site and lose site of the fact that this can be a dangerous sport. I'm grateful to be able to enjoy all your photos. Be safe everyone.
 JDSwain 31 Dec 2009
Does anyone know if those involved have been named yet?
 robinsi197 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Andy Nisbet:
> (In reply to Not a good day to die)
> [...]
>
> Lots and lots of soft snow being blown all at once. It usually means avalanches. We don't usually get still snowy weather for so long at a time of year when the sun doesn't have much effect in stabilising it, certainly not in recent years. More common is a heavy fall of snow near the centre of a low pressure, then when the low moves and the winds start. It has the same effect. A pit is not going to help if the avalanche comes from a different source.

We were on Tower Ridge on Monday and there was a lot of loosish powder about, which wasn't going anywhere because it wasn't very windy. But add in Easterly winds, and I guess it's going to end up as windslab somewhere in or near Number 3. Or is my understanding of cross loading flawed?

perfectvirus 31 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu:
sad. thoughts go out to their families. reminds us that winter mountaineering is no joke.
 Kimberley 31 Dec 2009
In reply to perfectvirus:

One of the victims has been named, as previously posted a very experienced individual.Our thoughts go out to his family.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/4827172.Marlborough_climber_killed_o...
 liz j 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Kimberley:
Shocked to hear this. I did my ML training and assessment with him many years ago, you couldn't wish to meet a more enthusiastic, lovely bloke.

Very sad, condolences to his family and friends. RIP xx
dominicbarone 31 Dec 2009
One of the climbers have been name:

Rupert Rosedale, 37, from Marlborough.
 Busby 31 Dec 2009

Poor sods all of them, heart goes out to all the families involved and my greatest respects to the MRT's and RAF boys who did their all. RIP

Iain
grindelwald 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Busby:
How awful, these really were experienced climbers. I am so grateful that my friend was not involved but equally sad for the friends and families who are no grieving so much.
grindelwald 31 Dec 2009
In reply to grindelwald:

and the others have also been named. RIP
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8436443.stm
 jimjimjim 31 Dec 2009
In reply to grindelwald: Chris Astill.Known as 'Shilling Rabbit' Met and climbed with him a few times with the old notts climbers club. A good climber and nice bloke. RIP
wcdave 31 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu: Shit, just realised who one of them was really really tragic and my sincere condolences go out to his family and partner.
 Toby S 31 Dec 2009
In reply to jimjimjim:

Looks like Will W off of this parish was one of the victims. I really hope the press have it got it wrong but it doesn't look too likely.

He was the first person I ever climbed with when I moved to Inverness. Whilst I ended up puntering about on Vdiffs and whimpering on Grade 1 gully routes he left me for dust and seemed to be really enjoying his climbing. I'd just moved to the same street as him and meant to pop round tonight to wish him and his other half a Happy New Year. We hadn't really spoken over the last couple of years but I'd hoped to share a couple of beers with him over the festive period and catch up.

Take care Will.
 climber_medic 31 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu:

Terrible terrible news and my heart goes out to the families of those involved. Stay safe out there guys!!!
wcdave 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Toby S:
> (In reply to jimjimjim)
>
> Looks like Will W off of this parish was one of the victims. I really hope the press have it got it wrong but it doesn't look too likely.
>
>

Afraid so Toby

Toby S 31 Dec 2009
In reply to wcdave:

Yes, more info on the news confirms it. Condolences to his partner, friends and family.
 Ron Walker 31 Dec 2009
In reply to wcdave:

Shit, just saw the name too - really sad...

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=11759 and
http://www.willwadventures.blogspot.com/

Condolences go out to his partner and family...

Ron
 SonyaD 31 Dec 2009
In reply to hindu: Condolences to Will's partner, family and friends. I was just joking with Will a few weeks ago that he could break trail for me into Sputan. Always enjoyed hearing what he'd been up to. Terrible news. RIP Will.
 TobyA 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Ron Walker: oh dear, that's terrible, I was just reading his blog the other day. My condolences to Will's (and the other victims) friends and family.
 Sean Kelly 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Ron Walker: Some of the photos on his 'blog' really show what a good time he was having before the tragic accident.
http://willwadventures.blogspot.com/
There, but for the grace of God...
 Fi Chappell 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Ron Walker:
So sad the loss of all three people lost in the recent avalanches but all the more poignant as we knew Will from Inverness climbing wall, from bumping into him in the Northern Corries and Chamonix and from reading his adventures on his blog. My thoughts are with his partner, family and friends.
 imkevinmc 31 Dec 2009
In reply to Sean Kelly: My God, that's hit a chord. RIP young man
 hwackerhage 31 Dec 2009
Very sad news. Condolences to family, partners and friends.
 Jasonic 01 Jan 2010
In reply to Ron Walker: Condolences to everyone concerned.
 HP 01 Jan 2010
In reply to Kimberley:

> One of the victims has been named, as previously posted a very experienced individual.Our thoughts go out to his family.
>
http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/4827172.Marlborough_climber_killed_o...

I just wanted to put a little note about Rupert (Nicholas) Rosedale:

I got to know Rupes when I went to the school he was a teacher at, although I had known his father since I was a baby - he was my GP.

I wasn't particularly into outdoor things at the time but he really opened my eyes to this fantastic world.

He was a wonderful man, really gentle and compassionate. Some of the kids who got into the outdoor scene were really misfits in my school, struggling to make friends and feel valued. I believe that Rupes made a real difference to these kids by bringing them in, looking after them and showing that they could be proud of themselves.

I really feel like the world has lost a special person. My thoughts go out to his wife and kids.

It will only slightly soften the blow to know that, as his father said:
β€œHe died doing exactly what he loved doing,”

Rob Naylor 01 Jan 2010
In reply to Toby S:

What sad news. Really sad. Condolences to family, partner and friends.
 OliNewman 01 Jan 2010
In reply to HP:
Ru, (Rupert Rosedale) taught me when I was at Malborough. He coached us through the Devises to Westminster race, introduced me to mountaineering in the Himalays, and the year after introduced me to rock and ice climbing in the Alps.
You could not have met a nicer guy, or one who did more to introduce people to all the amazing experiences that the outdoors have to offer.
 Yanis Nayu 01 Jan 2010
In reply to hindu: Really sad. My condolences to all those affected by these tragic events.
 Pete Graham 01 Jan 2010
Tragic news. I had the pleasure of working and climbing the Walker Spur with Rupert this summer. You could not meet a nicer more enthusiastic bloke. Completely selfless, he would suffer so others didn't have too. Insisting that he had the most uncomfortable seat on our cramped bivi and that others had brews first. If there were more people like Rupert around the world would most certainly be a better place. Condolences to all the family. RIP Super.
 J Brown 01 Jan 2010
In reply to hindu:

This is terrible, sad news. My condolences to all the family, friends and climbing partners affected.
Geoffrey Michaels 01 Jan 2010
In reply to J Brown:

Terrible and sad news. My thoughts are with those affected and the relatives, partners and families. Poignant to have a text on my phone from Will seeing if I was able to get out. I can no longer take him up on his kind offer.

Yesterday me and few friend skied from the summit of CairnGorm to the carpark after the tows had shut. Perfect snow, great views and simply the best ski run in the world. It was the last run of 2009 and I dedicate it to Will.
 JJL 02 Jan 2010
In reply to HP:

The other climbers have now been named.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6972687.ece

My thoughts with the families.
Slugain Howff 02 Jan 2010
In reply to JJL:

This was made clear days ago on this thread.
 JJL 02 Jan 2010
In reply to Slugain Howff:

Apologies. I had read the thread when it started, but not the bulk of the more recent posts and the Times article was the first I'd seen.
 Escher 04 Jan 2010
In reply to hindu: I've only just heard this terrible news. I climbed with Will a few times just after he started climbing - in Wales and the Peak and before he moved to Scotland. He was always dependable and very good company and I always had peace of mind having him on the other end of the rope. It was obvious to me then that his climbing would go from strength to strength and it certainly did when he moved north of the border. Condolences to his partner, family and friends. RIP Will.
Richiehill1988 04 Jan 2010
RIP all concerned and my condolences to all who knew the climbers, from what i here they were great people and mountaineers. Wish all the family and friends the best. RIP.

Rich
 ldavies87 23 Jan 2010
In reply to hindu: RIP brothers ... our thoughts are with you, your friends and relatives.
 Erik B 23 Jan 2010
In reply to ldavies87: RIP Will, still disgusted that this forum didnt give him a better send off.
 AndyP 24 Jan 2010
In reply to Erik B: Please Eric, don't be disgusted. It just takes time for those close to Will to come to terms with losing him. Time is a healer, of sorts, and I am only now feeling that I can write about him on a public forum. For those who had the great misfortune not to know Will, I will say a few words about him. He was as keen as mustard and as fit as a butchers dog. He was original, interesting and opinionated. He was an outstanding climbing partner, a great friend and an inspiration to the pupils lucky enough to have him as their teacher. He provided the energy and enthusiasm to refurbish the old wall at The Gordon Schools in Huntly so that later generations of budding climbers would have a decent wall to climb on. We could talk for hours about gear, routes, even individual moves. He was intelligent, tolerant and damn good company on the hill or in front of my fire with a guidebook. Will was good with my son, and, as a parent, there is no better accolade than that.
Climbing has lost a character, those close to Will have lost something more, something irreplaceable...but when you next stand at the top of a crag and feel the wind on your face, when you see the red sun rise on the wintry walk in to Lochnagar, when you stop to take a breath and stand tall in the hills to soak in the beauty of nature, when you feel thrilled at making that move and when you feel the first chill of winter you will feel the spirit of Will.
 CurlyStevo 24 Jan 2010
In reply to AndyP: Sad news indeed. Rip. It's hard to know what to say but it definately came as a blow for all those that I know and embrace the winter mountains.
 Erik B 24 Jan 2010
In reply to AndyP: fair dooze mate, Im a bit prone to writing things I dont really mean. he was a good man, thats all that matters
 Erik B 24 Jan 2010
In reply to AndyP: with hindsigtht, I should have used less strong language. What I really meant was that I was dissapointed. It would be nice if we had a thread dedicated to Will's memory. Hopefully this will happen when people feel ready to talk about it.

my thoughts go out to you anyway mate, must be a hellish time for you. take care

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...