UKC

NEWS: New From UKC - Video News!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 01 Jan 2010
[UKC TV, 3 kb]Here at UKC we're having an experiment; we've made our own TV news show.

We hope you enjoy it and we are aiming to make it a regular feature if it proves popular. It features some of the major recent news items and we explore these items with interviews and on the spot reporting.

WATCH THE VIDEO: UKC NEWS

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51081
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Paxman eat your heart out - brilliant!

Chris

brieflyback 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: Nice idea. Little tie-mic and perhaps no tie needed!

I'd be interested to see what other people think about the 'bloke behind desk' concept. Seems odd to me, more trying to meet an expectation of what a 'News broadcast' should be, rather than actually what works best. I'd expect more of a presenter doing piece to camera Countryfile style - but there may be another way that works even better on an internet-based broadcast.

Reports, particularly the Craig Doris one, were great.
 JSA 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

All was great other than the sound quality during the Bjorn Pohl interview, maybe some subtitles in such interviews?
 Mike Raine 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant, I like the style but you need an auto cue so you,re not looking down at the script. Brought a smile to my face this morning!
 Ian1Mcinnes 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

U.K.C news!!!! Brilliant! Please do more of these and do make it regular! Its funny, it has interviews, brilliant!!!

I liked the fact that you could realy tell the state of the rock! You would struggle to get that across with Photos!

Brilliant stuff Guys! Please keep it up!

Happy new year!
 James Oswald 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Brilliant!
James
 jimjimjim 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: A good idea me thinks. You can tell jack doesn't wear a shirt and tie very often. He looks like i feel at weddings!
 EZ 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent. I always look forward to a bit of vid from UKC.

Agree regarding the sound and auto-cue but aside from that I am sure it will evolve naturally to suit what people want to see in terms of format.

Well done and thanks UKC.
 Skyfall 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

couldn't tell whether it was serious at first... but that's just the format. Lose the tie and the *dramatic* music maybe?

nice to see Jack falling off something, again.....
 Rob15 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: really great idea, i think it should definately be a regular feature!!
 petestack 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Afraid it doesn't work for me. Nice idea (for a one-off), but not really snappy enough to stay amusing with too much of the total time spent on a single 'report' (Craig Doris sans Stevie Haston).

So, sure, a video shows you what cruddy rock that is, but it doesn't have to be tied into this pastiche format to do that. While others might have been laughing their heads off, I'm afraid that (despite giving it all a chance) I was ultimately just sitting there waiting for the whole thing to end.

Happy New Year!

P
 joe_alexander 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: For me the idea is great, particularly is in future you could integrated video clips of the routes in question into the format. As with others I think the presentation could be changed, do it outside, or maybe a voice over rather than a presenter. also the news music is a bit much. It works on telly when you hear about death and war, but people achieving goals should be a little more light hearted.

Could really grow into something huge.
 Michael Ryan 01 Jan 2010
In reply to joe_alexander:
> (In reply to UKC News)

>
> Could really grow into something huge.

Cheers Joe. It will.

Karl Bromelow 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Mmmmm....like a sixth form version of Chris Morris's The Day Today. Shocking choice of music, the "TV on the Radio", "Thomas the Vance", "Gillette the Best a Man Can Get" voice is weak and that shirt and tie must have been worn to stir my disdain. The idea is okay but the result poor. I'd put the money and effort elsewhere. Is this what you lot refer to as a troll? If it is, you got me. Happy New Year.
 Padraig 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

EXCELLENT. Really good! Enjoyed it.
As others have said tho... bit too formal, too much music, some sound quality iffy, Outside Broadcast's would be good, (altho prob difficult)
p
 Silum 01 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

great work, nice to see new stuff happening here. Could do with being a little less cheesy and formal and just doing it at the crag i'd so though.
 gallam1 02 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Whoever chose the music should be hung from their toes until dead.

Apart from that I enjoyed it. I still find reports of people climbing on Craig Doris a bit like the Roswell incident, in that no matter how much you read/see/hear I still can't quite believe it.
 sdmi123 02 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

i think its a great idea and would love to see more.
keep up the good work
Ackbar 02 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: Great. I'd like to see the presenter also shuffling the papers at the end. Also I think Jack should have to fall off something every week.
ElArt 02 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: This was a good watch for me. Anchorman eat your heart out!

Perhaps you could get some UK and Foreign Correspondents to send videos to you of their local new routes being climbed, conditions and just what areas are like.
In reply to UKC News:

Ha, very funny! Mick on next week....??
 BigHell 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

really good perhaps you could include video footage /news from the ukc users
 JoshOvki 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Nice idea, but it seems very americanised.
 davidparkinson 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Wicked! and probably the way things are moving.

What I would really like though is a shortened ('newsround' style if you will) summary/highlights option. Watching 5 mins plus of online video's great if you have specific interest in all it's parts but in an ideal world I'd like the option of a quick punchy 1 min overview too.

But apart from being a bit day today esque (was that deliberate?) I think it's Ace!
 McBirdy 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Hmmm... it strikes me that some people commenting on this thread didn't quite 'get' the light-hearted set up. Whoever chose the music, shirt and tie and news desk didn't do it because they thought it would look good! The news items themselves were reported largely without tongue in cheek, which took the edge of it for me. I liked the 'Not The Nine O'Clock News' approach, but would welcome more humour, parody etc. Perhaps mix in the occassional 'Down The Line' style piece along with genuine news?

More please!

Ben
In reply to UKC News: most excellent.
 Tom_Harding 04 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: Really good and the format works great

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...