UKC

53kg ... can you beat it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dean 23 Aug 2001
Back from Chamonix today and managed to get away with 53kg baggage on Swissair (30kg in the hold and 23kg hand (or should I say back)luggage). Must be somebody who can beat that?
OP Darren 24 Aug 2001
In reply to Dean:

That really is very impressive - I don't think I own 53 kg of anything let alone climbing gear. Surely you must brought some rock and ice back with you.
Bob 24 Aug 2001
In reply to Dean:

Easy! On a trip to Pakistan four of us took over 300Kg of luggage plus around 120Kg of hand luggage. Didn't pay any excess either, even though we had double the normal allowance.

Bob
Jimbob 24 Aug 2001
I've travelled over the luggage limit before. It feels great to beat the system, until it occurs to you while bombing along the runway that maybe EVERY passenger's luggage is over the limit!

Those last few seconds before you're airborne can seem a very long time...
andy flint.. 24 Aug 2001
In reply to Dean:
Brought my ex back from climbing in Mallorca,she weighed more than 53kg,the b***H
 Toby_W 24 Aug 2001
In reply to Dean: So, how many bottle of wine is that then? Did the weather turn out O.K?
Cheers
Toby
John Scott 24 Aug 2001
In reply to andy flint..: HOPE SHE WASN'T IN YOUR SUITCASE!
 Marc C 24 Aug 2001
In reply to John Scott: I think you'll find Andy's ex was quite literally a bitch - i.e. a female Olde English sheepdog. She left him after......sorry, I was in danger of being zapped. What I was going to say should remain private. Apologies Andy. In any case it wassn't about climbing (only if we define climbing very loosely), so my apologies to the silent majority of rocktalkers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...