UKC

DMM Pro wire Quickdraw question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stranter 04 Jan 2010
OK probably a stupid question so forgive me but...
I bought some DMM quickdraws the other day (they were on deal)
http://www.dmmclimbing.com/productsDetails.asp?pid=2&pid2=174

Question is, do I clip the silver end or the blue end to the wall? The blue has the rubber bit to stop the krab from rotating, but the silver doesn't. As they are wire gates does it matter which way the are clipped?

Thanks for your help
Simon
 stewieatb 04 Jan 2010
In reply to stranter: You'll find the blue end much easier to clip the rope into as it as the rubber thingy. You could do it the other way if you wanted, but life would be difficult. The main thing is always using them the same way around. So clip grey for gear and blue for rope.
 James_D 04 Jan 2010
In reply to stranter:

The end which is fixed in the sling (blue) goes on the rope. Then the end which is fixed to your gear is nice and floppy, so it can't lift out.
 Tom_Harding 04 Jan 2010
In reply to stranter: Silver end clips to the gear blue to the rope, it stops the rope twisting the quickdraw from unclipping. Also you will end up with nicks, scratches and burs in the silver crab, these can damage and wear the rope. By using the same end each time you avoid the problem.

P.s i have the same draws and some more expensive ones and like these the best. Weigh nothing, really easy to clip and rack and dirt cheap, what more could you ask for.
In reply to stranter: Clip the end with the rubber retainer
OP stranter 04 Jan 2010
In reply to everyone:
Cool. Thanks everyone!
I guess once the silver krab gets a bit buggered it would be easier to replace?
OP stranter 04 Jan 2010
In reply to Tom_Harding:

> P.s i have the same draws and some more expensive ones and like these the best. Weigh nothing, really easy to clip and rack and dirt cheap, what more could you ask for.

Yea the Prowires seem really nice, gonna use them tonite down the little local wall(indoor). Great to hear they are as good, and better than more expensive options!
 woodybenwood 04 Jan 2010
In reply to stranter:have them myself silver end goes through the bolt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...