UKC

Cicerone's Welsh Winter Climbs guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 05 Jan 2010
Evening

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of Cicerone's Welsh Winter Climbs guide, quickly (before Thurs eve) in Manchester? I believe that it's out of print - so far have tried Elis Brigham, MCC and Cotswolds.

Failing that, would anyone be kind enough to lend me a copy for the weekend? There's a couple of beers in it for the generous!

Cheers,

Si
 Batcloud 05 Jan 2010
In reply to zebedoo:

Happy to lend you mine, send me an email and I'll send address details.
(West M/cr).
OP Si Withington 05 Jan 2010
In reply to indalo:

You Sir, are a gent - will email you now.
In reply to zebedoo:

hi Simon,

how's things, got anything done yet since the snow arrived..?

re: the book, you could try Waterstone's in the city centre, i got my copy there a couple of weeks ago...

may see you in Wales at the weekend, planning a trip through for the day on saturday, probably Ogwen valley, maybe the Bristly ridge or Cneifion arete, provided we can get anywhere near them

or anywhere near wales for that matter, if the snow keeps falling at the rate it did today...

cheers,

gregor

David Hooper 05 Jan 2010
In reply to zebedoo: I saw copies in Betws Cotswolds if you are heading that way
 wilkie14c 06 Jan 2010
In reply to David Hooper:
Needlesport - order today on priority and you should have it in the morning, failing that if any particular route or topo you want I'll scan and mail it as long as you promise to buy the book anyway! <got to look after GB writers even if it is out of print!>
 chiz 06 Jan 2010
In reply to zebedoo: fair few copies in Joe Brown's in Capel but that was before xmas

despite the rumours, it appears to be in print, last print run 2008, (although no update since 3rd edition in 1989). Cicerone still has it listed

http://www.cicerone.co.uk/product/detail.cfm/book/1/title/welsh-winter-clim...
 Cardi 06 Jan 2010
In reply to zebedoo: I think I got the last copy in Joe Brown's, Llanberis on Sunday
 Mike Peacock 06 Jan 2010
In reply to Cardi: The Great Arete in Bangor normally has it in.
http://www.thegreatarete.co.uk/site/html/index.htm
Laura Pringle 06 Jan 2010
In reply to zebedoo: I have just ordered one from Cicerone Press direct
OP Si Withington 06 Jan 2010
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

Hi mate - all good thanks, not got a great deal done yet but plenty of the season to go!

To all: cheers for all the offers and tips - managed to get a copy in Nevis Sport. Result.

TTFN,

Si

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...