UKC

Harrogate climbing wall - whens it opening?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simonj 07 Jan 2010
Hey,

Anyone know when Harrogate wall is opening?

Cheers

Si
OP Simonj 08 Jan 2010
In reply to Simonj: bump
Think its sometime this month.....
mendis 08 Jan 2010
In reply to Simonj: There is a round of the Youth climbing series there in february so it has to be open for then
In reply to Simonj: Hi Guys,

Harrogate Climbing Center is due to open on the weekend of 30th/31st January - keep your eye on www.harrogateclimbingcentre.com for updates!

See you there,
Tom Middleton
MCC(soon to be HCC)
 cragspud 10 Jan 2010
In reply to Parthian Climbing: Hi thanks for that as the site still just says opening soon. Any chance of some more (recent) photos to whet our appetites?
OP Simonj 10 Jan 2010
In reply to Parthian Climbing:
Cheers Tom, yeah some pictures would be good!
Sarah G 11 Jan 2010
In reply to Simonj:
There will always be squaddies (junior soldiers) from the camp nearby in there......they will be fine, but their accompanying corproal will be crap!

Sx
Helephant 31 Jan 2010
In reply to Simonj: Did it open this weekend ?
 Leelogs 31 Jan 2010
In reply to Simonj:

I got an email Friday night to say the opening has been delayed. The opening was supposed to be yesterday (Saturday) but has "been put back a week, possibly even till 12th Feb in fact".

Leelogs 31 Jan 2010
In reply to Leelogs:

Oh and forgot to say, that was from the Centre Manager so not just a rumour
LaptopAcidXperience 04 Feb 2010
In reply to Leelogs:

I messaged them last week through the website and didn't get a reply, I know they're busy but I was expecting some kind of response.
In reply to LaptopAcidXperience: Hi Guys,

We'll be opening on Saturday 13th February, sorry for the delays, but on a project this size there are always a few snags that can hold the whole thing up! Apologies for anyone who hasn't received a reply, which website did you message through? We'll keep our Harrogate website updated over the next week, or for more info, please mail info@harrogateclimbingcentre.com.

See you there!
 Simon Caldwell 04 Feb 2010
In reply to Simonj:
Although the website is rarely updated, they've been posting regular progress on facebook. Which isn't much use if you don't use fb of course
 MPL 12 Feb 2010
There has been an update to the opening date. The centre is due to open on Thursday the 18th of February. It would be worth checking www.harrogateclimbingcentre.com, or the Facebook page early next for announcements to confirm this. Don't forget you can view the Facebook page without being a FB user.
Went past tonight, 17th Feb, walls look finished, signs seem to be up, reception almost complete. So tomorrow then?
Hardman 18 Feb 2010
It's open now, looks pretty good, I'll be down this evening, see you there!
Yes, now open, not too tall and very compact - busy nights will be hell.
nathan 19 Feb 2010
In reply to Simonj: Could do with some more photos or a layout on the web site - how tall is it and what size is the bouldering area?
In reply to Simonj: height looks no more than about 10 metres, tops. Some of the walls back onto each other in a sort of corridor confuguration. Bouldering area N/A as yet, so no idea.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...