UKC

North Face of Ben Hope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 09 Jan 2010

Ben Hope rarely comes into condition because it is so close to the sea but about 9 yrs ago it was "in" and we did a cracking route up one of the north face gullies, topped out to the sun set and got down in the dark where we were given a lift ack up the road to our car by a shepherd who had come out to see why there were lights on the mountain.

The following year I did a route a little further round to the west which had, in the middle, a pitch of the best ice I have ever climbed in Scotland.

Unfortunately, I'm sitting in Canada at the moment so I can't take advantage of conditions but if you are up that way then I recommend a look.

Foinaven would also be somewhere to check out.
 rusty_nails 09 Jan 2010
In reply to Removed User:

I had a wee scout around there earlier this summer, and i must say, the north face looks great!

Would love to spend some more time up there!
 ellpeecee 09 Jan 2010
In reply to Removed User:
Agreed! My parents have a place in Tounge so was up there early november having a nosey.

They were up there at NYE and there was snow on the beaches...bah should've gone with them!
Removed User 09 Jan 2010
In reply to lewk_c:

There are probably some good routes on the West "side" of Ben Loyal also you just might have some difficulty reaching them if the snow is too deep.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...