UKC

alpkit down sleeping bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
johnswani 11 Jan 2010
im looking at buying a down sleeping bag and i have been looking at the alpkit 1000 bag. looking views on it or comments from people that have them
hope you can help
sam
 UKC Forums 11 Jan 2010
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear - Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 Nigel Modern 11 Jan 2010
In reply to johnswani: The general consensus is that for the price these are good bags. Not as warm for the same weight as some bags (it's all in the quality of the down) but they are good value for money - you can pay many hundreds for top quality down.
 Harry Holmes 11 Jan 2010
In reply to johnswani: i have a skyehigh 1000 sleeping bag. it has kept me very warm, sometimes a little bit too warm in scottish winters. I would however not recomend getting that one. the skyehigh 800 would be better for scottish winter stuff or the best pipedream one (i think its the 800?). the packsizes are a little on the large size and i would say you would want to get a diffrent compression sack. i use my old snugpack one and it makes it quite abit smaller.
if i was buying again i would get the pipedream.
but for the money you cant really go wrong

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...