UKC

TNF Venture Jacket - how good is HyVent?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveWarren 13 Jan 2010
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get some jackets for a team of detached youth workers who will have to be out in all conditions. I've seen the TNF Venture Jacket at a good price but I'm not sure how good/suitable they are or how HyVent performs. The team will be out in sorts of weather conditions so need something waterproof and wind resistant will be needed. I don't have a massive budget hence looking at this jacket.

Can anyone offer me any advice on this jacket or recommend any other models please? I don't mind what brand but I'll need to get them from a supplier who I can pay by invoice and preferably have a good stock so I can use them again - it'll be a nightmare to get them put our system.

thin bob 13 Jan 2010
In reply to DaveWarren: Keela supply mountain rescue teams, they ought to be good?
OP DaveWarren 15 Jan 2010
In reply to thin bob:
thanks for the reply
desmond_burnett 15 Jan 2010
In reply to DaveWarren:
Only just seen this, might be better looking at a work wear supplier. The type of thing you'll get may be better in some ways (very tough, longer cut) but worse in others (fat PU membranes, afterthought hoods.)
That said they will do invoice payments & most will do "3-in-1" type jacket/fleece deals for <£40. They don't have to be in flouro either...
 heist182 15 Jan 2010
In reply to DaveWarren: Another thing to remember is you are paying a lot for North Face to be on the jacket. The quality of the their jackets are poor, similar jackets from other brands are significantly cheaper, better quality and better designed.

Try Marmot or Berghaus as an alternative

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...