UKC

Ratho for a corporate event?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Garnett 14 Jan 2010
I've been asked to help organise a bit of fun as part of a corporate team meeting (yes, I know) and Ratho has been suggested. Obviously, I have no problem being paid to spend half a day at a climbing wall but how suitable is it for a reasonably ambulant but predominantly non-climbing group?

What's the 'aerial assault course like? On the video it looks reasonably scary and quite good fun. Has anyone tried it?
 Fraser 14 Jan 2010
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Not been on it personally but have seen and heard lots of folk try it. Mostly kids/teens to be fair, but they seem to enjoy it. I think it'd be quite good and you'll certainly feel seriously exposed - it's a long way up!
macstinator 14 Jan 2010

I work for an events company, and we have worked on a fair few events there. Yes, is the answer to your question. You might get a good deal, too, as the corporate market has dropped off to nothing at Ratho.

And no, I have nothing to do with them.
OP Dave Garnett 14 Jan 2010
Thanks both. Good, it should be quite a laugh and I might even get an hour on the bouldering wall if I play my cards right.

Of course, I will be under an obligation not to show the slightest hestitation and to lead by example!
 staceyjg 14 Jan 2010

My friends are both climbers and they were more than suitably scared on there, EVEN as climbers. So yes, scare your colleagues witless then show them how great you are.
OP Dave Garnett 14 Jan 2010
In reply to staceyjg:

Yes, that is slightly worrying. Maybe I should go and have a practice on my own.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...