UKC

How many socks and what thickness?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MKfhG 16 Jan 2010
looking to get a pair of Spantiks, ive heard they are very warm as are other boots like olympus mons etc..
done lots of skiing and I normally wear 1 pair of thickish ski socks .
question is what socks and how many to take to the shop before trying on spantiks?
can you get away with a pair of normal socks(as the boots are so warm)or would you need thin socks then thick socks or 2 pairs of thick socks?
what do you wear?
 Adam T 16 Jan 2010
In reply to Justin credible: They normally have socks in store you can borrow when you have your boots fitted but i would have thought a pair of liner socks and a pair of mountaineering socks would be ok.
In reply to Justin credible: I tend to wear a liner sock with my Nepal Extremes but that's to prevent blisters rather than insulation. The ONLY time I have ever had blisters was when I did not do this following advice from a shop that it was not necessary with modern boots.

Al
MKfhG 16 Jan 2010
Ta, for the reply's, the only thing that worries me is that if I am a size 9, and I know a size 9 is just right, I can check in the shop with a sock or 2 and it will be perfect.
The problem arises when you have spent 9-10 hours climbing what do your feet end up swelling to? 10-11? there is just no way you can test this out before buying boots....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...