UKC

NEW REVIEW: Wild Country Helmets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 25 Jan 2010
[The Wild Country helmet, 3 kb]Wild Country have come up with a radical new helmet design aimed at providing the cross-season climber with one do-it-all helmet

"However, as with any radical new design we have to decide whether it is just another gimmick or something truly revolutionary."

Hamish Dunn puts it to the test.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2335

Scarab 25 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

was very exited for this helmet, but found it to be very flimsy
 mattrm 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Scarab:

I'd agree, I wasn't impressed with the shield either. It's far to easy to knacker it completely when putting the 'shield' bit on as it's not hard to cross thread the screws.

I bought a 360 to replace it and that's much better, but it's very warm as there are no vents on the top and only a couple on side. That's great for winter and cold weather. Not sure how it's going to pan out for summer tho.
 mlmatt 25 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Cross season cover? I might be the only person who does this but I have a petzl Elios which I use for whatever situation I'm in. The majority of the people I know also do this and don't have 2 seperate helmets.

Is this filling a niche in the market that doesn't need to be filled?
 hamish2016 26 Jan 2010
Hi Matt,

It all depends on whether you like rock climbing in a nice light foam helmet or not. If you do then you'll prob feel a bit exposed when things start falling past you on alpine routes. For someone who wants to buy a foam shelled helmet for rock climbing it makes sense to consider something like the alpine shield so as to avoid buying a second helmet at a later date.

Cheers,
Hamish

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...