UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Sylvain Millet climbs Biographie F9a+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 Jan 2010
[Sylvain Millet climbs Biographie F9a+, 2 kb]Biographie, a F8c+ route at Ceuse that was extended by Chris Sharma to give an overall grade of F9a+, is one of the most beautiful extreme sport routes in the world.

Sharma named his extension Realisation.

Here French climber Sylvain Millet climbs the extended version at F9a+:

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51445
 JR 29 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

I'm always surprised at how effortless he makes this look. Proper no messin' about.
In reply to UKC News:

Intrigued by the title of the video - do our Gallic friends not recognise Sharma's name, then?

jcm
 Alex Buisse 29 Jan 2010
In reply to JR:

In the video, he says he has done the bottom part (original F8c+) more than 50 times before he managed to pull the crux... Now that's what I call mileage!
 richardh 29 Jan 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

There was some discussion about this in the climbing media at the time I think, I remember reading about it *somewhere*, to do with - did he have the 'right' to rename it, no doubt by the time I've dredged it out of the recesses of my memory, someone on here will have given chapter and verse, but if I recall it, I'll post back.

In reply to richardh: from what i've heard, the french rule of thumb is that the equipper of a route names it not the first ascentionist.

cheers
Tim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...