UKC

New competitions newsletter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Team BMC 31 Jan 2010
The latest edition of the BMC Competitions Newsletter Psyched! is now available from the BMC website. It is produced by the BMC Competitions Committee to inform BMC members what is going on in the world of competition climbing.

This issue covers key climbers, volunteers, a special look at the new clothing sponsors for the British Team, articles on the BMC Leading Ladder, how to get the most from your climbing wall, and much much more!

Click here http://www.thebmc.co.uk/News.aspx?id=3500

In reply to Team BMC: does it cover british climbers competing internationally?

just out of interest?
 Ian W 31 Jan 2010
In reply to portlandclimber:

It will do if they get any articles on the subject!!

This time of year probably not, as it is the off season for international comps, but its a good, well produced magazine, especially bearing in mind its entirely done by volunteers and interested parties with no real journalistic background, and they are only onto their second issue. Once they find their feet a bit more, it can only get better.

A big well done to all those involved.

>
> This time of year probably not, as it is the off season

how about steve johnstone competing in the world cup out in saas fe a couple weeks ago?

In reply to portlandclimber: The editor is keen on ice/mixed/dry tooling and is well aware of the Ice Climbing comps. He told me that ice & dry tooling comps will feature quite heavily in issue 3 which comes out in April
In reply to Graeme Alderson: good, the boy deserves a bit of credit- despite having to fund his travel and accomodation himself.
>despite having to fund his travel and accomodation himself.

Just like the other people who compete for Britain.

In reply to Graeme Alderson: apologies, thought the bmc supported the teams somehow. my mistake. just a bit surprised by how little coverage it got. suppose its not as mainstream as leading/bouldering comps.

pc
In reply to portlandclimber: The BMC do support the Teams but that support is limited hence most accommodation & travel is self funded. The situation is looking better this year though as the BMC got some funding for national comps that frees up some money for the Teams.
In reply to Graeme Alderson: that would be good- as a country i think we are getting better at supporing youngsters/ those at elite level... but perhaps we are a little behind other countries. however they may get direct government funding.
 Ian W 31 Jan 2010

we are getting better. However, don't think that all other nations are better off than us wrt funding. As a family, we are very friendly with the family of one of the German youth climbers. He is VERY succesful, and gets no more support than the British Juniors (I was surprised at how little, given how good he is). He even has to pay entry to the local wall.

Ian W 31 Jan 2010

Good point re Ice comps, btw. They were off my radar, but yes, as Graeme said, they'll be in the next issue. Give the editor the ammo and articles, he'll publish them!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...