/ KESWICK - 6 Feb - CLIMBING FILMS ON BIG SCREEN!!
The Banff Mountain Film Festival is uprooting from the mothership festival in the Canadian Rockies and will shortly be heading to the Theatre by the Lake in Keswick on Saturday February 6 at 7:30pm on one of its stops on a UK wide tour.
The Banff World Tour features award-winning films and audience favourites from about 300 films entered each year in Banff. Come and see why more than 200,000 people across the globe gather indoors at Banff screenings to celebrate the outdoors!
As well as seeing some great films, you can also win some GREAT PRIZES INCLUDING A 7 DAY MONT BLANC TREK. The bar will be open too!
Some of the films to be shown include:
- Hunlen - What happens if you show up to climb one of the biggest frozen waterfalls in Canada - but it isn't completely frozen? Will Gadd and EJ Plimley battle to do the first ascent of B.C.'s remote Hunlen Falls. Falling ice, crashing water, fear, big fun!
- Progression - World Cup - This segment from "Progression" focuses on veteran Spanish sport climber Patxi Usobiaga and Austrian Johanna Ernst as they train for and compete in the World Cup climbing circuit. An insightful and entertaining look at the intensely competitive world of top-class indoor rock climbing.
As well as climbing films, there will be a selection of other brilliant mountain based films featuring mountain biking, skiing/snowboarding, whitewater kayaking and speed flying (a cross between paragliding and skiing including some incredible aerial footage as they descend Mont Blanc). None of the films that are being shown at Keswick were shown at Kendal so some great new mountain films for you to enjoy!
Tickets - £10.00(£9.00 conc) in advance (tickets available on door if not sold out)
For full details of the films showing & to buy tix head to http://www.banff-uk.com
Other dates on the Banff UK tour include:
• 3 & 4 February Union Chapel, Islington, London
• 11 February Komedia Club, Brighton
• 13 February Dancehouse Theatre, Manchester
• 18 & 21 February Carriageworks Theatre, Leeds
• 20 February Theatr Mwldan, Cardigan