UKC

Glue For Attaching Berghaus Yeti Gaiters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andy67 01 Feb 2010
Hi folks

Just wondered if anyone has any recommendations on the best type of glue to use for securely attaching Berghaus Yeti gaiters to boots ....... I have a pair of Extrem Yeti gaiters for my winter Salamon boots and a pair of Wildnerness Yeti gaiters for my summer Berghaus boots.

Many thanks.

Andy
 Ron Walker 01 Feb 2010
In reply to andy67:

I use double side sticky carpet tape.

Cheers Ron
 graeme jackson 01 Feb 2010
In reply to andy67: I always used a dribble of superglue just at the front. Meant the gaiter were stuck to the boots for ever but that was no big deal as I always wanted gaiters on my big boots anyway. This was on my Scarpa BX which had grooves along the edge and a groove across the sole for the thin rubber band.
Kind of coincidentally, I just cut the gaiters off my boots as the rands were perished so I was going to buy some new ones but then I found my feet had grown so the boots no longer fit anyway. Now I have a nice shiny pair of Scarpa Mirages but I'd have to cut grooves in the sole (or cut off the band) if I wanted to fit Yetis - seems no-one makes a yeti compatible sole anymore.
 Scomuir 01 Feb 2010
In reply to Ron Walker:

Freesole works, but so does a rolled up bit of duct tape. I used it to hold my gaiters on ski boots and it works really well.
 LastBoyScout 01 Feb 2010
In reply to andy67:

I have heard of people using Evostick. I always thought puncture repair rubber solution glue might be ideal, but never actually tried it.

Don't blame me if you do and it goes horribly wrong
 Ron Walker 01 Feb 2010
In reply to Scomuir:

We think alike!

Yes I use rolled up duct tape too when I don't have double sided carpet tape...

Pretty much gets me through the Scottish winter season before taking the gaiters of for the Alps.

Evostick work well, is pretty permanent but does leave a residue on the gaiters and boots so I tend not to use it as much.
 uncontrollable 01 Feb 2010
In reply to andy67:

I use the glue from my bicycle puncture kit, use a generous amount along the front (only makes sense if your boots have high enough rubber rands).
Anyway the beauty is it sticks quit well if done properly, but once home you can 'break' the gaiter of and it doesn't leave much residue or visual impact.
 jon 01 Feb 2010
In reply to andy67:

I don't use Yetis any more but when I did, I used the non setting glue that is used on ski mountaineering skins. Made by Colle Tex (or I suspect other manufacturers of skins). Holds the Yetis really firmly, yet you can peel them off when you want. The glue can be removed with any synthetic solvent when you want to use you boots without the gaiters. Incidentally, to reduce/prevent wear to the Yeti rands and soles I can recommend Shoe-Goo, or any of those liquidy rubbery things - no problem with sharp rocks etc with a layer of that stuff over the rubber.
Mr Eddie 01 Feb 2010
I got fed up with mine coming off so used araldite.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...