UKC

OI NEWS: WIN! One of 6 new Wild Country Rock Lite helmets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 02 Feb 2010
[The New Rock Lite - there's six to be won...., 3 kb]Win the new Rock Lite helmet from Wild Country in our easy to enter online competition - just click through to our website and you could win one of SIX of the new Rock Lite helmets - due in store in March in the UK!!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2452
 Petarghh 02 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: not being funny, but the helmet is available in red and blue, the colour options are: Red, Blue, Green and Black.. Forgive my stupidity but doesnt mixing red and blue produce Purple ????

Pete.
 Mike Peacock 02 Feb 2010
In reply to Petarghh: I thought that but was waiting for someone else to post first in case I'd missed something obvious!
 brieflyback 02 Feb 2010
In reply to Mike Peacock:

I didn't even think about it - just picked the one that wasn't black....

Duh.
 Petarghh 02 Feb 2010
In reply to Mike Peacock: haha, i checked and rechecked so as not to get royally flamed!
 deacondeacon 02 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: I've also spent 20 minutes googling, trying to work out if it's a trick question but to no avail.
 Stu Jones 02 Feb 2010
In reply to Petarghh:
Yeah, should be purple. Also their product info at:
http://www.wildcountry.co.uk/dnlds/Rock_Lite_User_Guide_Lo_Res.pdf
states "3 stylish colour choices" and a few paragraphs further down "two stylish colour choices".
Ha ha! Not a big fan of WC gear anyway...
 owlart 02 Feb 2010
In reply to Petarghh: Glad somebody else spotted that too, I thought I must be going mad! Somebody needs to explain the theory of additive colour to their marketing guys!
In reply to owlart: Would be so much easier if they supplied the helmet in yellow too.
 Petarghh 02 Feb 2010
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat: haha, the question would at least make more sense!!!
5cifi - BAD SELLER 02 Feb 2010
In reply to 5cifi:
> (In reply to Petarghh) I thought there was a silver/white one too ?
>
> http://www.besportier.com/archives/modular-helmets-keep-you-safe-wild-count...

Ok, is pink one of the options then?
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat: Could be !
 Petarghh 02 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: thats the alpine shield not the rocklight, still wouldnt mix to give any of the colours you can choose!
 Petarghh 02 Feb 2010
In reply to Petarghh: haha they've changed it, purple is an option now!

In reply to Petarghh: Arr my mistake. I just remembered seeing a WC advert in a mag with a white helmet on
 Ireddek 02 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

I just went for red I think as I also caught myself rethinking the "purple conclusion"
In reply to Petarghh: The up and downside to the internet - mistakes are spotted quickly but at least can be corrected in time unlike print.
 Gandalf 02 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:
scientifically there is no such colour as purple, it is all red, so im hoping its a scientific question

otehrwise if you mix playdough you get a muddy brown pooh colour
 winhill 02 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Still says variously six or five to be won.
 Gandalf 02 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:
comp is open until 15 march isnt it?? surely we wont find out before then, rekon it will make a nice b'day pressie for me
 Ewan Russell 02 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:
Thank you very much for the harness, chalkbag and chalk wild country!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...