UKC forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - NEW ARTICLE: A Guide to Mountain Climbing Photography

UKC Articles - on 04 Feb 2010
[Shooting from a lower position exacerbates the impression of exposure. Though to be fair, that traverse was truly scary., 1 kb]The blessing of mountain climbing photography is also its curse. Because it is so difficult to get there in the first place, because the climbing itself takes up so much effort and concentration, one has to make all sorts of compromises with the photography, and often bring back pictures that are disappointing, at least when compared to the experience that has just been lived. Virtually all the climbers I know bring a small point-and-shoot camera (digital or film) and use it only during long breaks and on the summit. But it doesn't have to be. DSLRs have gotten good enough that they can be brought on a technical climbing expedition, all the way to the summit. Here is how.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2413
... not showing 41 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums