ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Climbers Attitudes Towards The Environment (Lake District)

JPhillips7 - on 09 Feb 2010
I am doing research into 'rock climbers attitudes towards the environment?' it is a specific study that is confined to the Lake District National park. There is alot of research that suggests climbing has a negative impact on the environment and that education of the climbing community about the environment would be the best way to reduce this impact. As such their will in the near future be a host of campaigns trying to achieve this along with the ones that are currently running. But for these to be effective we must first know what the attitudes of climbers are towards the environment and that is where this research comes in.

I am running a survey of the Lake District Climbing Community by means of a questionnaire. I am not asking you to fill one out but if you would like to complete one and help out the research then email me at jacob_phillips9@hotmail.com.

What I am asking here is for people thoughts about bolting, groups using climbing locations, erosion, excessive use of chalk e.t.c. If you have any thoughts about the environment in relation to climbing then let's hear them.
... not showing 117 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums