UKC

shoes for wide feet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Afro 17 Feb 2010
i've got abnormally wide feet... recomend me an intermediate shoe that wont cripple me?

(found veloce & pyro ok in the past)

cheers
 GrahamD 18 Feb 2010
In reply to Afro:

My feet are wide right at the front and I really like Red Chili Spirit Velcros. Scarpa are fairly wide fitting as you have found but certainly the velocis I've used don't seem anywhere near as precise.
 kingborris 18 Feb 2010
In reply to Afro:

I have wide feet (and morton's toe), and find 5.10 spires / coyotes very comfy

For a more technical shoe, I also found La Sportiva Katanas suprisingly bearable. In a size 42 (I take a 44 trainer), i can wear them for 3-4 hours striaght before they become too uncomfy.
In reply to Afro: I have Madrock Frenzys and v wide feet. They fit me v well.
 Fume Troll 18 Feb 2010
In reply to Afro: Mine are really wide, I found Madrock Flash(s) perfect.

Cheers,

FT.
 Glansa 18 Feb 2010
In reply to Afro:

Sorry, obvious reply first, not trying to be condescending just want to help. Honest! Best thing you can do is get to a shop with staff who know their shoes and have BIG range on a quiet day/time and spend time going through everything.

All feet are different but my massively wide/flat feet currently find a pair of 5.10 Anasazi velcros surprisingly comfortable even for long periods. Not quite as comfy as my old Evolv something-or-others but these were exceptionally soft and useless. I did spend ages (over the course of a few days) trying on what felt like most of the shoes in the shop to find this out and by the end the assistant was cursing me and trying to stamp on my feet!*

Nick

*Please note. I'm sure most staff are more tolerant than this. Especially to customers they are not married to.
 Monk 18 Feb 2010
In reply to Afro:

I have wide feet, but everyone is different. For example, I can't wear velcro shoes as when I get the length right, the velcro simply won't do up properly! I have worn all sorts of brands (in fact I think I have used every major brand over the years), but the Red Chilli Spirits are what fit me best at the moment, along with Boreal Spiders and Evolv Bandits.

As always, the only way is to try them on.
 FrJ 18 Feb 2010
In reply to Afro: 5:10s have usually been best for me.
Bob kate bob 18 Feb 2010
In reply to Afro: I have very wide feet right to the end (duck feet) rather than very wide feet that then taper at the toes (coffin shaped).

I find red chili spirits really good. The opening goes closer to the end of the shoe with 3 velcro straps rather than 2, which gives better adjustment where needed. I wish 5.10 would take note, I would love anastazi LV but they need the 3 velco straps and a larger opening to be adjustable enough.

I also have found the 5.10 sirens are fairly wide and the laceing means they can adjust well for wide feet. The la sportiva mythos laces go right down almost to the toe, highly adjustable.
 adamtheclimber 18 Feb 2010
In reply to Afro:

I also have stupid frog feet and currently find the Anasazi Verdes quite good (though I have to have the laces so loose that I can't use the top eyelets). Anasazi velcros just before that were slightly less good but still ok. When I'm on all day easier stuff I use Boreal Joker lace ups.

Tried Katanas on recently and can't see how they would ever fit someone with a really wide forefoot - but note that someone further up this thread said they were ok. So probably best go try a load on and see what feels best!

Cheers

Adam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...