UKC

Base layer long sleve tops with hood and thumb loops.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ally Baba 22 Feb 2010
Anyone of any base layer long sleve tops with a hood and thumb loops?
 bouldery bits 22 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba:

for a heavy weight baselayer - Patagonia R1 hoody.
 Mikkel 22 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba:

Icebreaker do some.
 SFM 23 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba:

Sort of thing Haglofs will do.
 TobyA 23 Feb 2010
In reply to SFM:

> Sort of thing Haglofs will do.

I don't think they do.

I want the same thing but would probably use as a mid layer. The Patagonia R1 hoody is used by some as base layer and by others as a midlayer, you can get them but they are v. expensive. Outdoor Research also have a hooded micro fleece with thumb loops but I haven't had chance to try one - looks good though. Mountain Equipment do one but it has full zip so I guess designed as mid layer - I tried one one and didn't like the fit for me.

If you have a friend in Canada, MEC do an annoying well priced one: http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442... I say annoying - in as much as I don't have any friends going to Canada soon!
In reply to Ally Baba:

I have an Adidas Rhyolite PowerDry base/mid layer with thumb loops. Pretty rare now, but I see there are some black M available in Belgium...
 SFM 23 Feb 2010
In reply to TobyA:

You're right, they don't anymore. They used to do the bungy top with a hood.

That's a mighty fine price! I love that shop. Bought so much from them over the years.
OP Ally Baba 23 Feb 2010
In reply to TobyA: Just ordered a icebreaker nomad for £50. They MEC tops look good though. How much is $59 Canadian dollers?
 Matt Schwarz 23 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba: £36, XE.com for future reference
 Aigen 23 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba: Patagonia R1 hoodie or Berghaus Smoulder Hoody. I have the Patagonia R1 and its the best thing every. Fits perfect, light, Warm and very functional.
 TobyA 24 Feb 2010
In reply to Aigen:
> or Berghaus Smoulder Hoody.

Of course - I totally forgot about that. They clearly were eerrrr... "inspired" by the R1 Hoody, and another UKCer who is one of my twitter friends got one this winter and said the Smoulder is really great. Quite a bit cheaper than the Patagonia one as well.

The New NickB 24 Feb 2010
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to cyberpunk)
> [...]
>
> Of course - I totally forgot about that. They clearly were eerrrr... "inspired" by the R1 Hoody, and another UKCer who is one of my twitter friends got one this winter and said the Smoulder is really great. Quite a bit cheaper than the Patagonia one as well.

I will have to have a look at that. I love my R1 Hoody and would like another, but I don't think I can justify the price again.
 Edvin m 24 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba: Aclima hood sweater, built in wristwarmers with hole for your thumb and balclava
 alexm198 27 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba: I know this is rather late, but just spotted this: http://www.outdoorkit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=5504
 Rich Guest 27 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba:

I've got a Rab Shadow Hoodie - I love it and it has what you requested
ice.solo 28 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba:

mountain hardwear do one called something creative like powerstretch hoody.

i was looking for something similar this winter so got one and have been really pleased - amongst the best gear ive owned.

needs to be tried on and bought a size too small so its baselayer-tight.
the hood is the clincher - does up tight like a balaclava rather than the usual car thief style thats more open. much better under a helmet and other hoods.

wore mine down to -20ish this winter, as well as long walk ins and general travel into tibet and it still looks new.
In reply to Ally Baba: Another vote for the Patagonia R1 hoody Can't believe I only discovered it this Winter!
 beh 28 Feb 2010
In reply to Ally Baba: http://www.silkbody.co.nz/cellular-pilot-top-men.html
Not that it's available to buy anywhere though.
 iksander 02 Mar 2010
In reply to beh: I got a powerstretch hoody from Eastern Mountain Sport which I asked a US friend to buy for me. Ended up being as expensive as a UK R1 - doh

Ragged Mountain do a good looking one http://raggedmountain.com/index.php/clothing-for-men/mens-jackets/mountain-...

Also, we should all mourn the passing of the Lowe Ninja hoody - *nothing* has ever come close since!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...