UKC

which rubber for resoling?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hardy 24 Feb 2010
Going to get my boots resoled for use as a 'wall pair' (ooh feel the decadence *2* pairs of rock boots). Anyway I wondered what the best rubber to get fitted is. The menu:

Five Ten Stealth Rubber
Mad Rock Rubber
Vibram XS Grip Rubber

Bearing in mind these boots will only be used indoors from now on, which is the best rubber. Please cast your votes below, cheers
 gethin_allen 24 Feb 2010
In reply to 999thAndy:
I'd go for 5 10 stealth
OP Andy Hardy 24 Feb 2010
In reply to gethin_allen:
Why? does it last better / grip better than Vibram or MadRock?
 Rampikino 24 Feb 2010
In reply to 999thAndy:

5.10 Stealth. Though I'm still waiting for mine to come back from FF... been nearly 2 weeks now.
 Beaker 24 Feb 2010
In reply to 999thAndy:

Match rubber where you can (so if you're climbing in La Sportivas go for the Vibram, for example,) but otherwise Stealth is generally regarded as the superior rubber. Do a forum search for Stealth Rubber and you'll probably find loads of posts on it.

Speaking from experience, I had my Red Chilli Mescalito's resoled with Stealth and they're doing really well.
 gethin_allen 24 Feb 2010
In reply to 999thAndy:
I find that the XS grip i have on my sportiva boots is to hard when cold and hence less grippy/stable, the 5 10 is a good mix of hardness for performance and durability. I haven't got that much experience with the mad rock rubber just yet but i've just bought a pair of Mugen tech boots and the rubber appears to be wearing at such an alarming rate I'm considering sending them back.
 gethin_allen 24 Feb 2010
In reply to Rampikino:
Should have sent them to cheshire shoe repair, they are really good and cheaper than feat first.
 Mike Stretford 24 Feb 2010
In reply to 999thAndy: I used to resole my La Sportivas with stealth rubber. It seemed to last ok, and I really liked the feel of it on the rock compared to others I've tried.

Careful though... last time I expressed a preference for rubber on here I got accused of cheating!
OP Andy Hardy 24 Feb 2010
In reply to 999thAndy:

Thanks folks, they are a 'well loved' pair of red chilli sausages (or something like that) from the replies above they will be getting some 5.10 stealth rubber at cheshire shoes.

UKC, gotta love it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...